cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 11 of 36

Re: Is it possible to request a DLM reset?

Go to solution

That might be why about a month ago when I enquired about it - after the latest sync speed drop - I was met with a rather dismissive response.

Now for the sake of argument, let's say that 'shelling out' is not completely out of the question.

What would be the optimal path to a less dismissive reply?

I like having options if regaining some/all the lost bandwidth is a no-go.

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Sorry, slightly confused by your reply.

But you can view the FTTP on Demand Price list here

--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

That is not unreasonable, thanks.

What I meant is that when I called BT asking if I could have FTTP instead of FTTC I got a 'ha ha puny human' as a reply (in not so many words).

I don't remember the exact wording from the agent but that was the short or it.

I wonder if I knocked at the wrong door (so to speak) and judging from your latest reply it would seem that I did.

BT and Openreach are now separate entities I believe?

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution
I don't want to get it wrong, so I copied this: In March 2017, BT Group plc agreed to make Openreach a separate company, Openreach Limited, with its own staff and management, but with the network assets continuing to be owned by BT plc for land-contract reasons, and with Openreach Limited being wholly owned by BT Group plc, BT plc's parent holding company

I've never ordered FTTP on Demand, but I would imagine you would speak to Openreach. I can't see anything about who to speak to on the pages for it, hopefully someone else could advise. You could tweet them: https://twitter.com/OpenreachHelp and they can point you in the right direction.
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

Well, if @pippincp sees no hope in my plea for some of the lost bandwidth back is an alternative avenue to pursue.

Is more than what I had when I started this thread.

Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

Where did I say you had no hope?

Your sync speed is below minimum guaranteed  so call it in and request an engineer.

ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

Nowhere; I said 'if you saw no hope' 🙂

Is there a 'right avenue' to do this? I tried to 'call it in' when the first big drop occurred - some four years ago - and all I got was the 'scripted runaround' that lead nowhere...

Well, it did lead somewhere; it successfully discouraged me from pursuing the matter further for a few years so the agent did do her job but it didn't really lead to solution.

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Just tried the 'online' method but basically it lead to 'No Home Hub? No cookies!'

Will try over the phone once I am home.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

For information:

The FTTP on Demand price list given is the wholesale cost to ISPs. There will obviously be a mark up by the ISP if you can find one to supply it. It is generally seen as a business product and is expensive to have installed due to the excavation works etc that is needed.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/ultrafastfibreaccess/fttpondemand/fttpod.do

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/03/expensive-reality-uk-fttp-demand-broadband-hits-home.h...

ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Oh, so I cannot contract it as an individual, I need to find an ISP?

There is only one ISP in Eastbourne that offers FTTP and is the one that may take a while to roll out to my street (rollout is demand lead).

0 Ratings