Righty... case closed.
Engineer visited, turns out my self-confidence was not misplaced. The readings at the master socket and where the gateway currently is are the same, my internal wiring is fine.
Tested everything, this is as far as my sync speed will go which I kind of suspected. As FTTC adoption rate increased it was bound to be trickier and trickier to sync at max speeds. In my case 65Mbps is as far as the line will go.
Still much better than 57Mbps and decreasing 😉
I did have the feeling on Friday that I had hit the jackpot with the fella that answered my support call.
When I told to the Openreach engineer this morning that the problem was pretty much sorted before he arrived and how the profile had been switched from interleaved to fast he looked genuinely perplexed. After I described my interaction with the agent he confirmed my 'hunch', I had indeed hit the jackpot.
Either way case closed. Thanks to everyone for the help, much appreciated 🙂
Right... so, after having the problem resolved and everything being peachy... exactly a week after changing the profile from interleave to fast somehow they have reverted the change reintroducing the problem.
Why? Why do this when the problem was resolved to everyone's satisfaction?
this drop/change in connection speed is automatic and controlled by DLM and is not personal to you you stats don't show connection time nor the number of dropped connections but obviously there has been at least one drop and maybe more. in addition there may be errors on your line which have also contributed to DLM taking action to reduce speed and move latency to interleaved
Thanks for the reply.
I enabled logging and there were no drops whatsoever since the Openreach engineer left last Monday morning. Not one. The connection remained up - and in use - throughout.
Moreover the Openreach engineer checked everything - both internal and external - and all results came back fine.
Furthermore through my discussions with the agent that took the case in various occasions he explicitly mentioned that DLM had in fact not reacted at all on my line as far as he could go back, hence lacking any other possible explanation he suspected my internal wiring or equipment which the Openreach engineer tested on Monday to find perfectly functional.
EDIT: They will dispatch another engineer but thankfully given that the previous visit ruled out issues within my property this time I don't need to be present. Getting time off work, even if is just a couple of hours, is currently exceedingly difficult.
EDIT2: Moreover whether DLM or someone/something else did it is besides the point.
The point is, as kindly mentioned by @pippincp earlier in the thread, that the provisioned service is significantly below the minimum guaranteed speed which again makes me wonder how reverting the change made week ago and placing me squarely where I started looks acceptable.
There has to be 1 drop in connection which is when your speed reduced the logs should show that and also the DSL connection time will give a clue to how long ago
Today at 6:45AM. Which is when the change from fast to interleave happened.
Apologies, I thought you meant that the connection had dropped throughout the week due to errors or disturbances prompting DLM to 'intervene' not when the resync was triggered to change the path.