cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Is it possible when full fibre will be estimate available at my area?

Hi there. 

Is there possible way to check or see when estimate full fibre would be available at my street ? 

As slowly 76Mbps is starting to killing me :)) 

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Is it possible when full fibre will be estimate available at my area?

If there is no FTTP showing when using dslchecker then only openreach will have any knowledge of when your area will get FTTP. There is no link from here to openreach.

Many people posting on here would be delighted to have a 76mb connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 23

Openreach checker shows that even speeds to 80Mbps are not available at my area xD altho I'm using them for years and years. 

Well you might be right about people dreaming about 76Mbps . In my case this speed is getting more less appealing. Currently 10+ devices at home actively using broadband and ofc there is more passive . 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

i can say if openreach works on a pole at top of it there is extra thing with sometimes you can see them working on its a box looks diff then before thats full fibre it can be end of the year or by 2025 thats there goal going full fibre connections all poles will get it but no one can say when you can order it keep on doing post code cheaker on via bt site thats when it goes live sometimes upgrade options do not show full fibre upgrades atm.

only openreach will have a table on the upgrades to the poles

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

You’re wrong. Openreach do not have plans to go Full Fibre by 2025.

2025 is when BT, not Openreach plan on switching off the old Public Switched Telephone Network and migrating people onto VOiP. 

Most people will still have a Metallic Path between the PCP and NTE. It’s a service called, ‘SOGEA’. Single Order Generic Ethernet Access. 

Openreach plan on rolling out FTTP to be available to 26 Million Premises by 2026, which equates to about 90% of the U.K. but that doesn’t mean those 26 Million will be on FTTP by that time. To get FTTP into every premises will take some years after that.

There will still be Metallic Path based services around until at least 2035-40 and that’s being generous.

Message 6 of 23

And that's the thing . They are slow on upcoming tech. By 2030 speed standart should be 5Gbps/5Gbps . And I don't see it nowhere near.

At 2003 I was on 100Mbps/100Mbps and it was a standart in cities back there . And now 20 years later they have 1 and 10 Gbps lines as standart . 

If everything here will upgrade same speed as it is now we will be back on ISDN stage after few years. When we will have to wait to load a news page.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Get real, what on earth does a domestic customer need 5Gbps for?

Message 8 of 23

Let's say : 

4 streaming devices going to stream 

5 devices are watching yt/stream

+ Other devices like phones etc using it on daily bases. 

Even now with household needs monthly usage are about 2500GB down and 700GB UP +/-

So it's essential . 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Total nonsense.

4K streaming needs about 25M lets double that for good measure. Your 10 devices will be quite happy with 500Mbps

Message 10 of 23

Ofc . I'm not saying that I need 5Gbps 🙂 Just saying that it's up on table . 

Ofc I would be more than happy with 500 or 900 line . But 76 Is waay too weak nowdays and about 4k@30fps streaming you can just think . As of 18Mbps maximum upload speed it's nearly impossible to make it happen. 

0 Ratings