cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Is it possible when full fibre will be estimate available at my area?

Given the fact you said 5Gbps should be standard for the list of Devices/Services you then listed just proves you know little to nothing about the subject.

I meet people like you on a daily basis, you’re speed hungry because you listen to a vocal minority who claim everyone needs those kind of Broadband Speeds when in reality the Speeds/Packages they pay for they don’t even need. But it’s your money, spend it how you see fit.

Message 12 of 23

Ok. If you say so please bring me calculation for :

4x4k@60fps upload streams + 5 devices watching 1440p and up streams , 6 phones, and various smart devices at home . Please dont tell me that 76/18 is enough or you will look dumb. It needs to be around 1Gbps to use things freely  . 

Standart is standart , tech is just envolving and there is nothing you can do about it. And next time leave your nasty comments for yourself . There was question and there wasn't a single answer just talking arround the topic. That's it. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Need to correct you there, you said 5Gbps.

Message 14 of 23

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly, thanks.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

i know they will not do 5 Gbps for 2 or 3 years pc's is only 1 Gbps wired atm via the motherboard i think bt will not do that untill there are some home pcs can go that fast with speeds and network switches are 1 Gbps alot are now but only a few have more then that its not worth getting higher then that no other provider yet in the uk released 5 Gbps some are in testing max is 900mb from bt you know who has the 1 gbps atm it can be next year or later this year for more download speeds and upload speed plans come out
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Pcs come with 2.5Gb ethernet ports these days  pci cards can go up to 40gb. 

On subject of 5gb/s connection of cause it would handy to have for some people. As someone who downloads lot games getting them  that bit faster always something I  would like same with torrents. Games can be 200gb region these days and whole TV series in 4k can near a tb. So yeah definitely usage for such connection.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

it will cost to have more speed like 5 Gbps cost like 4 times more then 900mb you can download 25gb like 8 mins depends on the other side connection like xbox live have a limit atm thats 500mb if one person downloading it so its the limit on the other side if they don't have that 5 Gbps connection or 10 Gbps connection you will not benfit for having that speed if on the over side is limiting there downloads 4k can download on 25mb connection to watch why do you want to download it you fill up your hard drives alot even if one show is like 900 gb its near a tb.
it depends on the games they can be range of 25gb to 200gb it will be like 350gb if they are in 4k format depends on if the marker of the games compress them to smaller size it can be near 1tb before they compress them.
and it depends on router have them ports atm its so low on that side you will not benfit from having 2.5 gbps on a 1 gbps port bt have not released a hub that can handle that speed on ports not even other companys you have to pay out alot for a custom router can be on fttp network that can be range of £1000 or £1500 depends on the make and there is a chip short too thats way there cost so much even for a network switch will cost about the same
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

1st , let's say theoretically 5 GBP port router cost between 100-300 it's up to user.

Broadband prices are variable for some reason they are very very high here and there BUT it depends on costs of setup that area .

It should not be super expensive , even more there should be option to use companies router or your own .

Just for example country where I was born 1Gbps + TV cost average 8-12 Euros per month 10Gbps you can get for 49.99 EUR - altho that speed is more for some specific usage . 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Openreach will be moving to XPON over the next couple of years enabling 10Gb.

You can already use your own router with FTTP.

Digital voice is another matter, you need to use the BT hub for that. The alternative is ditch digital voice and if you need a home line use another VoIP supplier.

The choice is there, all you have to do is use it.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Yes yes, only first have to wait for that choice to be possible.

For now Good old Phone Copper lines are future for next 5-10 years I guess.

0 Ratings