cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Is my hub fibre compatible?

Go to solution

Hi - my hub looks to be the right one but none of the ports on the back are red - it’s called smart hub 2 and has 4x Ethernet ports (all coloured yellow), 1 x digital phone port and 1 x broadband port  Also, who provides the backup 4g router - does it come from BT or do openreach install and leave it?

thanks, Ian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is my hub fibre compatible?

Go to solution

If you are getting FTTP then hub needs WAN port so not any good and will need a replacement which BT should supply along with 4g if selecting hybrid halo 3+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@imjolly That's not quite true. SH2 can now do both FTTP or standard broadband. There is a button in Advance settings  in "Broadband" menu where Ethernet port 4 can be for FTTP or normal LAN. If you go into that menu and click on "?" it will give you the details.

I can't remember which firmware brought the duel functionality into play though.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks both for the swift replies which really help - sounds like I need to get onto BT to sort out the 4g router and that the smart hub will do the job,

thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

V26 did, You can use any SH2 with FTTP now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah, Dippu is right. BT have updated the Smart Hub 2 so that you can change the 4th LAN Port to a WAN.

They say it’s so people don’t have to change all their WIFI Passwords but what they really mean is they don’t have to go to the cost of sending a new Smart Hub 2.