cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Is there an issue with my line?

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

5c Master socket.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

have you tried removing the faceplate and then connecting your filter to test socket and atry quiet line test again  this eliminates and internal wiring and master faceplate problems  best with corded phone ana a good filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

@imjollywrote:

have you tried removing the faceplate and then connecting your filter to test socket and atry quiet line test again  this eliminates and internal wiring and master faceplate problems  best with corded phone ana a good filter

See message 10.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Indeed I did. Initially there was slight interference but - as previously advised - I restested with a different filter and it seemed quiet.

Noise seemed to be in play when testing via the face plate and  the modem conncted to its port.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

What do you mean by seemed quiet? It's either silent or not.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

So there was nosie on my first test but it seemed to go away - which I assume is not possible.

I'll run a test again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

It's entirely possible if the fault condition is intermittent and comes and goes.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Sorry for the delay. I did the quiet line test again and there is an ever so slight sound of interference. However, this sound is not consistently there.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

So far you haven't confirmed you have removed the faceplate and connected (with a filter) to the test socket.

If you haven't yet then I suggest you do to see if it makes a difference.

0 Ratings