cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XlordB
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Is there anyone from bt actually in these forums can chase up a fault for me.

Go to solution

Hi there ive had a fault logged with the bt website for over a week it is just sitting at further diagnostic checks are being done. I ened up with this due to doing the speed checker on bt website and it reported back that my speed was slow for bt infinity 2 considering the rated speed at the cabionet which is just round the corner at the end of my street literally 1 min walk time. but since theres been no more happening i thought maybe somone can see this and find out whats going on here is the fault code 

Broadband fault **Edited**

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Is there anyone from bt actually in these forums can chase up a fault for me.

Go to solution

Hi @XlordB

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the delay with your fault.  I understand that you reported this over a week ago and you're still no further forward.

Send us over your details and we'll check the progress of your fault from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Re: Is there anyone from bt actually in these forums can chase up a fault for me.

Go to solution

Id like to say thanks to robbiemac for putting through to a good service rep. I had an engineer out "ross" today who really went out his way to get my line upto high quality standards he replaced the full cable from the pole all the way into the house and put a new bt openreach faceplate splitter in. My speed went back up from 56mb to 61 mb however the engineer looked puzzled and cant understand why im not getting the full 76mb because he said the quality of the line was showing up superb and also that the upload speed of my line was getting the full 20mb. but he did everything he could at his end so now the quality of my line right out to the pole is perfect but like i said even the engineer doesnt know why after resetting the profile im only connecting at 61 mb as he said himself the cabinet is only a few doors away from my house. ... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ60324877
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 05/05/16
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 13:53:47
6. Data rate:20000 / 60781
7. Maximum data rate:20541 / 60461
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.5
9. Line attenuation:17.5 / 16.5
10. Signal attenuation:17.4 / 16.5
11. Data sent/received:20.2 MB / 338.3 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-5CZC
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-5CZC_5ghz
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:90:72:82:74:b9:5c
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 56.72 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 13.28 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number Exchange CARLUKE is served by Cabinet 2

VDSL Range A (Clean)8075.72020--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)80532014.2--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 15--13.5 to 17Available--Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 15Up to 1.513.5 to 17Available--Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--Yes
Fixed Rate2----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

for the diagnostic speed test it continually giving me an error 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

as you are still below your bottom estimated speed then get back in touch with mod who is helping you and see if he can arrange a boost engineer visit to try and get speed within estimate.

did engineer leave you in test socket?  if you have extension sockets they should not have a dial tone when you are conencted to test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

we have no extensions the engineer brought a brend new line right into the house and installed a faceplate splitter he said he had done all he can and the rest was up to bt. his words were along the line he thinks bt have oversold the connection or something.. but he also said it could be to do with the cabinet setup. 

0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

also the mod dealing with it said he would phone us today but no bodys called yet. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
If the engineer has tested the line and replaced sections to make it the best it can be then I guess it's a case of the estimations are incorrect for your line. Did the engineer test the connection at the cabinet? He should have done. If it wasn't connecing at 80mbps there, then it would confirm there's a problem with the port configuration. If it did, then there may be a section aluminium in your line which would explain the reason for the lower speeds.

If that's the case, you'll be able to cancel without penalty.

There's nothing that "BT" can do to increase the speed.

You may well be better off dropping down to Infinity 1.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings