cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XlordB
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Is there anyone from bt actually in these forums can chase up a fault for me.

Go to solution

Just off the phone to mod neil hes arranged another engineer to come out i think to check things at cabinet side since they still say minimum 68mb but only connecting 59 may require lift n shift but will see what happens.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Re: Is there anyone from bt actually in these forums can chase up a fault for me.

Go to solution
Yeah it's the only thing that it can be really if you're that close to the cabinet.

Quite why engineers don't test at the cab when they think something isn't right is beyond me.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

So another engineer came out today his tests show the line is fine but im still only getting 60mb he said the other engineer checked the cabinet which got the full 76meg. so he says theres nothing else can be done.. its crazy because his test is showng no line impurities it is basically reading copper right to the cabinet as the upload speed is 20meg, also bt are saying the cabinet is not overcrowded which is obvious because theres no crosstalk at the cabinet since he got 76mb reading there. i just cant understand it.. the line from my house to the pole is immaculate the attenuation is 12db which shows that the cabinet is not far yet it just wont synch at above 60 meg. The engineer tried to call his office to see if i could have my snr put down to 3 but thats not possible on fttc lines so he was told.. so now i need to wait for tomorrows phone call and ive to give the engineers number to the person dealing with me so the engineer can speak to him.. The engineers have done their best but its really strange that im not geting full speed.. ive seen people much further away from cabinets getting full rates yet im not that far and cant get above 60 .. talk about insanity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@XlordB wrote:

, also bt are saying the cabinet is not overcrowded which is obvious because theres no crosstalk at the cabinet since he got 76mb reading there. i just cant understand it..

Crosstalk occurs between the cabinet and the end user in the distribution cable.

XlordB
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Issue solved they are unable to get my speed upto the minimum quoted so bt kindly allowed my line to stay what it is but without contract so if i decide to reduce my speed toinfinity 1 i can however im happy with the 20 meg upload as opposed to 10... so ill stick with the uncontracted line just now since i may be moving house in the not too distant future.. 🙂

0 Ratings