cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is this normal or 1 Stage installs ?

Long story, trying to cut short, I ordered fttp on the 18th May (via phone) and given an install date of 2nd June, I got a txt with a link to a video of what to expect.

I got to 28th May and had no emails or anything else about my order, so alarm bells are ringing at this point. I call up to be told that yes an order was placed but because it was placed under my old account no order had been placed with Openreach and essentially it would not progress further and would need to place the order again...

Mildly annoyed, I placed the order again and now have to wait till the 16th June. However on the 2nd June Openreach turn up out of the blue and completely unexpected announcing they are here to install a box on my wall outside...???

Off course I say yes in order to progress the order forward but was told in the process it is part of their 2 Stage install (although my exchange lists me as 1 stage). I now have a grey box on the side of my house which I was told they will need to join up to and weld the lines together....

So, 
Q1. Is the picture below normal for 1 Stage install ?

Q2. Is the box and such displayed below likely to mean poorer line quality in the long term with weather effects etc. My head wants to think yes because it is an unnecessary break in the line for no good reason. But again im no BT engineer either.

20200602_145350(2).jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is this normal or 1 Stage installs ?

Yes it’s normal. Openreach are slowly sacking off the use of Field Fit Connectors on FTTP as they’re basically a load of **** and going back to fitting CSP’s.

Message 3 of 5

@Starwire Thank you for getting back to me,

So the item in my picture is which of the 2 items you mentioned? The sack of **bleep** or the good one where a user should see less issues?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The good one

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@licquorice 🙂 Awesome. Now I just need to agonize over the next 8 days wait and hope I get my estimated 500mb-500mb down and 73mb-73mb up 😛

0 Ratings