cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redeye
Contributor
569 Views
Message 1 of 15

Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

Hi all,

 

I've just switched back to infinity 2 after spending a year on infinty 1. My attainable rate from from my modem before the switch was 73024kb/s, now it's 62280kb/s.

 

Can anyone shine some light on why my line lost 10mb?

 

0 Ratings
Reply
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
561 Views
Message 2 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

 

 

 

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

 

 

 

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

 

 

 

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
552 Views
Message 3 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?


@redeye wrote:

Hi all,

 

I've just switched back to infinity 2 after spending a year on infinty 1. My attainable rate from from my modem before the switch was 73024kb/s, now it's 62280kb/s.

 

Can anyone shine some light on why my line lost 10mb?

 


Probably because the upgrade resulted in a DLM reset which removed G.INP from your line. Hopefully DLM will re-instate G.INP in a week or two.

0 Ratings
Reply
redeye
Contributor
541 Views
Message 4 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

Thanks,

 

Sorry no Home Hub 5, i've been using a HG612 with asus rt-n66u for 3 years.

 

here's some screen shots

 

FreshPaint-5-2016.06.22-08.35.45.png

 

before

 

Screenshot (14).png

 

after

Screenshot (17).png

 

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
redeye
Contributor
533 Views
Message 5 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

Thanks licquorice, I noticed g.inp gave me about 2mb when it went live a year or so back, but my attainable rate has never been this low.
0 Ratings
Reply
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
531 Views
Message 6 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

Max attainable rates are estimates. Not a guarantee of what you would get if caps are lifted. Pretty normal behavior.
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
529 Views
Message 7 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

As there doesn't appear to be anything in the Path 1 column it would seem to suggest G.INP has been removed. Can you telnet into the modem and post the output of  xdslcmd info --stats  which will confirm

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
523 Views
Message 8 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?


@Deathtrap3000 wrote:
Max attainable rates are estimates. Not a guarantee of what you would get if caps are lifted. Pretty normal behavior.

Max attainable rates are not estimates they are calculated from the individual line parameters, granted they may not be 100% accurate particularly with problematic lines, but they are pretty close.

0 Ratings
Reply
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
506 Views
Message 9 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?


@licquorice wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:
Max attainable rates are estimates. Not a guarantee of what you would get if caps are lifted. Pretty normal behavior.

Max attainable rates are not estimates they are calculated from the individual line parameters, granted they may not be 100% accurate particularly with problematic lines, but they are pretty close.


If not 100% accurate, then surely the systems best guess or an estimate. Its never pretty close, at least in my experience.  

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
472 Views
Message 10 of 15

Re: Is this usual behaviour when switching from infinity 1 to 2?

Are you talking about max attainable as reported by the modem or the checker figures? I'm talking about the modem figures.
0 Ratings
Reply