cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smcelhinney
Message 1 of 6

Issue still unresolved

After more than a year living with Bt Infinity we're at our wits end what started with our connection dropping for an hour at peak times, has now developed into losing broadband for 36 hours at a time. Countless engineers have come out and only seem to make the issue worse.

When I try to connect to broadband it tells me to sign in to network, countless resets and nothing. Phone line has been plugged in and that works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issue still unresolved

Does this only happen with wireless connected devices, or does it happen with computers connected directly to the home hub using an Ethernet connection?

The only wireless network you should need to sign into, would be BT Wifi or BT FON, are you sure your devices are not trying to connect to that network instead?

Which BT home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
Smcelhinney
Message 3 of 6

That's for the reply Keith, it's the BT Hub we're being asked to sign into, then I have to go through troubleshooting before going back to square 1 again. And there are currently no devices connected using an Ethernet connection.
0 Ratings
Smcelhinney
Message 4 of 6

Screenshot_20161011-084248.pngThis is an example of the event log from this morning's outage, don't know if that will help at all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

which model of BT hub is it also please try using a wired connection if you then have no problems we can then start to help you with possible wireless issues
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the event log just shows the firewall is working correctly
0 Ratings