cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

It's BT Fibre enablement day - will my existing FTTP service stop working first?

HI guys,

I'm moving to BT Full Fibre 100 today and moving from an existing FTTP service provided by IDNet (UltraFast Basic (FTTP 160/30) Unlimited).  It's 23:30 and MyBT indicates that "it can take up to midnight for the service to start working".  My current service is still working and SpeedTest shows my ISP is still IDNET,

Will the existing service stop working before BT Fibre is 'ready' (as with a copper broadband change), or should I wait for the existing service to stop.

I have a Ubiquiti USG and understand I just have to change the PPPoE username to bthomehub@btbroadband.com with password BT but assume I should not do this until the existing service stops working.

Any advice from those who have switched from one FTTP provider to another is appreciated. 

BentleyBoy181_0-1594334319597.png

Kind regards,

BentleyBoy181 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: It's BT Fibre enablement day - will my existing FTTP service stop working first?

I called BT and was told it will. My broadband stopped working and I’ve connected by HomeHub WAN port to the OpenReach white box.

hub still orange light after 90 mins. Guess I need to be patient?

How long do Home Hub routers typically take to go green? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: It's BT Fibre enablement day - will my existing FTTP service stop working first?

Blue, and a couple of minutes after service provided.

If you mean how long for service to be provided, any time up to midnight.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

BT are sending an engineer around tomorrow as 2 hours after IDNet switched off their service the correctly plugged in (validate by BT via LogMeIn Video on my mobile 4G) BT Hub did not pick up the BT fibre service.

Frustrating. Hopeful the engineer will sort quickly. 🙂

0 Ratings