Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Just Moved - Solid Orange Light on HH5

Hello,

I am having connection issues at my new property. The service went live on 28th September and appeared to work well until I had an outage on Saturday (solid orange light on hub). I went through the troubleshooter and that seemed to sort the problem out. 

The same thing happened again on Sunday afternoon and used the chat service and it was concluded there was a fault on the line but the service came back before the end of the chat so nothing was done.

The same thing happened again last night and it was confirmed there was a fault on line and an engineer was booked. Of course the minute the chat ended the service re-instated and I got a text saying that as the service was working the engineer had been cancelled.

I have managed to get the engineer booking reinstated but I am worried that this isn't an infrastructure isse and I'll be charged because it's a dodgy hub. Has anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Jan

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Just Moved - Solid Orange Light on HH5

Go ahead with the engineers vist, you should not be charged as it is a recent install.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Have you checked if you have a dialtone on the line and that there is no noise present?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I don't have a landline phone so can't tell. The person on the chat asked me to take the face plate off the wall socket and plug the broadband line into the test socket (via the ADSL filter) the broadband light then started flashing orange. Not sure what that signified other than it not working.

Currently broadband is working. But how long until the next outage?

Thanks both
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

£5 for a cheap corded phone is a good investment as a diagnostic tool.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

As said maybe worth getting one, can also prove a lot of line/broadband issues as well as saving an engineer call out charge of £130.
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@Jan1973 wrote:
I don't have a landline phone so can't tell. The person on the chat asked me to take the face plate off the wall socket and plug

Please read Why do I need a landline phone?

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hello everybody. I've routed around in my boxes and found my old landline phone but it's cordless - does that make a difference? I have a dial tone and called the quiet line test and the line is crackly - though it could be the cheap cordless phone. I will get a corded phone if that's needed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

The noise is more than likely causing the broadband issue.