cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Just Upgraded to Fibre broadband and Speeds aren't what I expected.

just hope you don't get that engineer again - there should be no noise and line should be silent.  any line noise is bad for broadband

you cannot change cabinets and has been covered numerous times on forum - this engineer was rubbish

can you post stats from hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 26

Hi @VortexHD ,

The engineer was clearly not there long, assuming the time on your post is correct ( it has had a number of glitches of late ).

Do you know which company he/she was from ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

He was only here for half an hour and he worked for openreach.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

are you sure it was not a sub contractor to openreach as that sounds more likely for the bad advice and minimal work done

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 26

@VortexHDwrote:

He was only here for half an hour and he worked for openreach.

Exactly what did it say on his ID card ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Not sure about his id card might of said Openreach not sure but he had an Openreach van. He was also quite young and said he hadn't been doing it long (4months maybe?) which explains why he might not know everything yet. He used his phone and said there was no noise on the line but I can still hear it on both of mine. He did mention that if it wasn't fixed it might but up the pole outside my house but he's not qualified to do that.  I do understand why they don't do cabinet changes because its a lot of work and can take around 3days and if I have mine changed others might want to well.

I have looked on Superfast Dorset website which says they have plans for my area this year and Openreach email says we are in the Ultrafast fibre rollout programme so hopefully the 2 are linked.

I also asked a separate company for a quote on Fttp on demand and they want £25,000.00 ex VAT!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 26

@VortexHDwrote:

I also asked a separate company for a quote on Fttp on demand and they want £25,000.00 ex VAT!!!!!!!

FTTP on demand is different from normal, or native FTTP.  With on demand you have to pay for the the installation and can be up to many thousands depending on distance from a fibre node and other factors.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

@VortexHD wrote:

I do understand why they don't do cabinet changes because its a lot of work and can take around 3days and if I have mine changed others might want to well.

I'm not sure you do understand if you think changing cabinets simply takes 3 days of work. The network of cables from a cabinet fan out like the roots of a tree, your connection is just one of many in the various cables. Without completely re-arranging that network, moving cabinets is impossible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

In some cases in can be 3 days other times it could be weeks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Yeah its more for bussiness that need full fibre and can afford to pay the large bill.

0 Ratings