cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: Just Upgraded to Fibre broadband and Speeds aren't what I expected.

@VortexHD wrote:

In some cases in can be 3 days other times it could be weeks.

But in 99% of cases totally impossible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 22 of 26

@VortexHD  Where re you getting that information from? 3 days to several weeks???

As regards the engineer if he said he wasn't qualified to go up the pole I doubt he works for Openreach. More than likely a Qube engineer who can do nothing other than check internal wiring.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Hello,

Its been a day since the Engineer visited and said he fixed the line noise by plugging in a loose cable in the master socket and I have just done another Quiet Line Test on both phones and it has actually gotten worse!!

Since he hasn't done the job for long I'm suspecting he might have plugged the bell wire back? I have seen on youtube that this can slow down your internet so not sure if the 2 are linked or not.

Anyway, I have booked a 2nd Engineer to come out Wednesday and hopefully it's not the same Guy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Just done a quick search and my Faceplate should filter out any interference from the bell wire.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

did you check for line noise using the test socket to eliminate your internal wiring as causing the problem?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Yeah thats the first thing i tried and its worse in the test socket.

0 Ratings