cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redshift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Just love it

I had BT Infinity installed nearly a month ago.
The Engineer turned up on time spent ages changing my sockets then went out to move
my Broadband from my 1mg (in reality 0.5 and less) supplier.
He sorted out a problem in the street cabinet, returned connected me up and as if by magic a super fast broadband.
50mg and up when hard wired, 30mg using WiFi.
So for a few pounds extra I can use my Internet radio and IPad at the same time and my grandson can use XBox live as well
with no lag.
I am one happy customer, thank you BT Infinity.
Redshift
9 REPLIES 9
AlexTheLion
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Just love it

Yeah its a great thing. Enjoy the speed...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

They do get things right in the vast majority of cases.

The problem is, when it goes wrong it's normally a typical SNAFU situation which causes anger and frustration for the customer.

BT really need to sort out their support side, Bangalore Bob just doesn't measure up.

I've been with a few ISP's over the years, had to deal with a few offshore support centres as well, but never as bad as BT's

BT's offshore support seems to be the bargain basement type.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Yep BT's support call centre abroad is pants.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrnumbskull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I was until recently with Be There (O2 sister company) for the last four years. Ultra reliable connection, always full speed, the best technical support you could wish for. But, no FttC product, so for me 11mb only ADSL2+

Lesson: take the rough with the smooth.
0 Ratings
wytey
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

was with Be also, wishing I never moved over, wan't as fast, not even close, but totally rock solid connection and the router was fine, even after a few years, it doesn't randomly switch off the wifi, and force you to reconnect on each device
0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

I also moved from O2 (Be) in 2011 to Infinity and my experience has been nothing but rock solid stable. Which my personal advise would be to first and foremost - dump the BT Home Hub and get yourself a decent stable router.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
wytey
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

thing is, I am atm connected to a neighbour's bthub, and it is fine
0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Maybe he's has got an older model or different firmware that resolved the issue. For some people they'll have no issue with the HH but the amount of posts you read with people complaining specifically regarding the HH its just some friendly advise.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
wytey
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

same model, not sure about the firmware
0 Ratings