Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Just signed up to Infinity

Hi All,

I am currently with BE and get the full 24Mb sync and BT line check shows that I will get 67/20 I am hoping to get the full 78/20 as BT broadband line check shows I should only get 17Mb Smiley Very Happy And my exchange has been activated much earlier than June 30th it was showing 4 weeks ago.

I would like to know if its possible to use my current setup? I have a linksys WAG320N which is an adsl2 modem which I can put in bridge mode an change one port in to WAN. Does the Infinity modem have DHCP?

Cheers

Darren

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Annie_UK
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just signed up to Infinity

@dlw

I moved over from BE recently 🙂

The estimated speed is quite low, I was estimated 68.1/20 and get 75/15 not bad when BE was giving me 6.5/0.9 🙂

The modem does not provide DHCP this is what the HH does, when I upgraded I just used the HH and my Edimax WiFi AP (the HH wifi is not that good). as long as your router can handle the speed then it'll work fine 🙂

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
dlw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

My modem/router can change the gigabit lan to gigabit wan so hopefully I can use it and I guess I will just turn the modem part off.Screen shot 2012-04-15 at 12.22.56.png

0 Ratings
tubaloopy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

In the Ethernet WAN setup tab does it have an option to establish a connection via PPPoE? If so then it might well work with Infinity. For a third party router to work with the Openreach modem it needs to be able to establish a connection by this method.
0 Ratings
DelSP10
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

WAG320N.........

I used to like Linksys, but after having this pile of rubbish on adsl and lack of features.......

I would use and do HH3......

Del

0 Ratings