cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Just signed up to fibre 250 full fibre.

Having been on Superfast fibre 3 (200/20) for the last 21 months or so... it seemed a good idea to change to this Halo 1  250 service(300/49) and all the benefits that go  with it... and pay less. All I was wondering is  are the login details and router settings the same and  as i'm using a  Netgear nighthawk router. This has been running 100% connection uptime. Are the only changes needed at the exchange end. Its due to take place in 2 days after ordering today 🙂

cheers

Geoff.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just signed up to fibre 250 full fibre.

No changes are needed, as the login details are the same for all residential accounts.

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

thanks for the info...  hope it goes as smoothly as the 'purchase' .  Suppose they have to read out the ' standard contract patter/details.. i.e.. engineer visit/fit a box/install fibre from the road to your house... blah blah blah.. even tho you have fttp  installed with the modem/router already running for the last x number of years/months.

cheers

Geoff

pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 5

@nicey1958 wrote:

thanks for the info...  hope it goes as smoothly as the 'purchase' .  Suppose they have to read out the ' standard contract patter/details.. i.e.. engineer visit/fit a box/install fibre from the road to your house... blah blah blah.. even tho you have fttp  installed with the modem/router already running for the last x number of years/months.

cheers

Geoff

Obviously you rang the normal sales team instead of the FTTP team.😃

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

the number i was given on the website when looking for upgrade or better speed.. I phoned.. they put me through to Value sales team. Maybe a little modifying could include 'for customers already on full fibre.. please ring xxxxx   or they could email existing customers with any  savings and upgrades I could have made... and yes..  I checked back on emails.. at no time have they ever said '  do you know.. you could be saving 20 quid a month.. have an upgrade of your bandwidth by 50%+ up  and 50%+down.. and also because you have mobile with us.. increase your  data usage by 100% for zero cost......

that's BT for you.. as most companies are  electric.. gas...

0 Ratings