cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lip
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Just switch to fibre plus

Hi all I've just gone from fibre unlimited to fibre plus. The fibre plus went on today but I don't think by have changed anything to give me faster speed as my download and upload sync speed haven't changed at all.

Currently at 43.999 and 9.999

I've rang bt.and they just said give it 10 days to stabilise but my thinking is dosnet my speed need to go up to be able to find a new higher stable speed
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Just switch to fibre plus

Why do you think it will have changed?

All packages regardless of which one you are on can only deliver the maximum that your line can support.

If you were only getting 43Mbps on your previous package, which was not reaching the top speed of that package which is 55Mbps so it would not improve by changing package. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

or

If you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

Is there any noise on your phone line? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Moving you fibre plus gives you additional benefits but not faster speed 

post stats from your hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lip
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Screen shot from ADSL checker

https://m.imgur.com/FBPkqce

I was expecting a little speed upgrade as they said it should be at least 51mbs also expected if anything upload to go up

Will post router stats soon when I get back
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Going by the checker you should be getting more and you should have been more or less maxing out your previous package.

It may be that you have an underlying fault.

When you check your hub stats try connecting to the master socket/ test socket to see if the speeds increase. If they don't it could indicate that there is a line fault before the test socket on BT's side.

When you use the test socket make sure that any telephone extensions you have are "dead". There should be no dial tone at any of your phone extensions. If they have a dial tone it means you have star wiring and that is not good for Infinity and will need to be fixed.

Test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Post them on here rather than a link.

0 Ratings
Lip
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

here are the stats from the hub

Data rate:9.999 Mbps / 43.999 Mbps
Maximum data rate:17.566 Mbps / 55.994 Mbps
Noise margin:11.9 / 9.4
Line attenuation:23.1 / 16.9
Signal attenuation:23.0 / 16.9

was going to test in main socket but noticed that the main wire is connected into a little box then a little extention going into a bt wholesale phone box. gonna get that sorted out to the wire will go straight from outside in the the main test socket like it should
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Zsiunds like wiring really does need sorted and hopefully  when wiring corrected you speed will improve and into estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lip
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

ive now got the wireing sorted stright into master socket nothing has really changed

Data rate:11.999 Mbps / 43.999 Mbps
Maximum data rate:17.581 Mbps / 55.725 Mbps
Noise margin:9.8 / 9.3
Line attenuation:23.3 / 17.0
Signal attenuation:23.0 / 17.0

i know there can be other contributing factors to max data rate but was expecting to get higher speeds. im roughly about 300m away from the cabinet can see it from the bedroom window.

i know the cable might go elsewhere but just did a quick measure follwing to bt cable ducts the best i could..

at my old house i was probably just under a km and that syncs about 39mbs.

does the max data get locked at different line profiles

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Looks like DLM has banded your line at 44M

0 Ratings