cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Just upgraded to BT 300

The engineer came out today an upgraded me to BT 300. When I did a speed check just after he went it was around 85 MB. I've just checked again and it's gone up slightly to around 93. Is this normal? Can I expect it to start rising as things settle down? I know I probably won't get the full 300 but I would be disappointed if I can't get close to 150

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Just upgraded to BT 300

No need for things to settle down.

How are you testing?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Broadband speed test online

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Ironside are you using an ethernet connected computer to do the test? It's unlikely you'll see the full speed via wifi.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I've just discovered I don't have a landline because of the upgrade. I should have received some new phones but they have not arrived. So BT is sending some out which will hopefully be here tomorrow. So at the moment, I'm completely stuffed without a phone line. I'm disabled and rely on a phone line for safety.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

In the meantime you can just plug your existing phone into the green socket at the rear of the Hub to access Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Would that be my main phone line? My BT hub is located at the other end of the house and we have telephones in two other rooms.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Yes, if you have been transferred to Digital Voice, your hub becomes a DECT (cordless) base station. You can also plug in a corded phone or existing cordless base station into the phone socket on the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Problem is, I need other firms to work, not just the phone that  is plugged into the back of the hub

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I assume you don't have cordless phones then?

There is an alternative, you can connect the phone socket on the back of the hub to an adjacent phone socket (if there is one close by) but you will need to disconnect the old incoming copper wires from the master socket to ensure you are disconnected from the old BT network. You can then plug a phone in anywhere on your existing wiring.

0 Ratings