Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirrors90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Keep connected promise

Go to solution
Afternoon all , hope all is well
I have twice had internet outages (luckily , they were quickly resolved) - and as I fell for the fraud that is bt plus I called up and asked for unlimited 4g to be enabled - however both times now I have been told that there “is a fault so 4g can’t be turned on” - well yes there is a fault , that’s why I called you.

It seems to me that the keep connected promise is a fraudulent piece of advertising ?
I was promised by the sales guy the double data (god send !) and that if my internet ever goes down they would activate the 4g within an hour. When I try to activate this I am told oh sorry it’s not allowed ?

I really do feel that bt are dishonest and as soon as my contract is up I’m going elsewhere. I pay a premium price for the service that I quite frankly don’t receive?

Has anyone else had any experience with the bt plus? I’ve got to grin and bear it until jan 2020 due to my contact 😞
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Keep connected promise

Go to solution

there have been other similar posts to yours and it appeared that the fault/problem the customers were not covered in the T&C   you would have to agree the T&C but probably  like most people just ticked the box and didn't actually read them

the advertising is confusing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
mirrors90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi imjolly, I upgraded over the phone and the guy sold it as a very comprehensive internet product which acted as insurance , in no correspondence did he throw in anything that made me thought otherwise. Thanks !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you need a fallback solution, then its usually best to organise your own, either by using a MIFI unit, or using a router with 3G or 4G fallback features.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

here are the T&C if you can't find them

https://www.bt.com/broadband/plus/terms/#

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mirrors90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Yep that seems like it .. to be fair I think I took it at face value when I should have asked more questions during the sales pitch. Oh well we live and learn .. can’t argue with the service , once my broadband is up , it’s speedy and solid ... 2 dropouts in a year ..
0 Ratings