cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardA123
Message 1 of 18

Kelly Communications Modem Swap - Bunch of Jokers

I have never had such SHOCKING service.

Received a letter telling me about the modem swap out. Asked if I could just have the modem posted so I didn't have to wait in, nope, needs an engineer.

Arranged for Engineer to attend site 3 weeks ago. Did not turn up. Rang kelly who told me that he had broken down and wouldn't be able to attend. This was a lie, the engineer rang me later and told me he didnt come because he was busy and got stuck in traffic - On a Saturday afternoon? What traffic? Anyway, I didn't get a call to let me know he wasn't coming and a Saturday afternoon was wasted.

I arranged for them to come the following week. Didn't turn up. Kelly Communcations very matter of factly tell me that he turned up on Friday and Nobody was in. Yep, that tends to happen when the appointment is made for a SATURDAY!! Another Saturday wasted.

Arranged, foolishly, to wait in again today. Just called them to confirm that the engineer is going to attend. Nope, he has been booked for NEXT SATURDAY. These cretins don't even know what god damned day it is. 3 weeks on the bounce these guys have screwed something so simple up.

I have refused any further appointments. I cant waste another Saturday on this.

Who do I need to talk to in order to deal with this? I tried raising a complaint last week directly with BT. Guy told me he would call back and didn't. I foolishly didn't get a reference number. I should know better.

I just want the damned replacement modem shipping to an address of my choosing, preferably work, so I can swap it out myself if this is possible. I certainly won't be waiting in again.

It is a shame because Infinity has been very good, but these guys are absolute jokers. BT need to be aware of this and start putting some pressure on. 

Rant over.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Kelly Communications Modem Swap - Bunch of Jokers

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days.

Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Hi

I guess your best bet would be to explain this all the the forum team using this form click here .

Hopefully they can help you find a way to resolve your problems.

It can take up to 3 days before they respond depending on their workload.

Best off luck  

Edit, answers like a bus two turn up at the same time       Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
RichardA123
Message 4 of 18

Thanks guys, done so! Very frustrating dealing with Kelly so hopefully BT can help.

Thanks again.

Rich

0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

The real joke is BT/OR treating us like we're glorified chimpanzees with little to no technical knowledge whatsover.

Why do I need an "engineer" to enter my house to pull out three cables (power, RJ11 and ethernet) and plug them back in again?!? 

I'm sure many more wasted days could be avoided if replacement modems were simply posted out and anyone wanting a visit could request it rather than it being mandatory. 

RichardA123
Message 6 of 18

I agree with that. I worked in Network and Security Architecture for 10 years and I'm Cisco/Checkpoint/Sonicwall/Microsoft certified. Pretty sure I can plug 3 cables in even on a bad day 😛

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 7 of 18

Yea I agree,

but when the engineer came he called some BT number to do a line test of some sort.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Hi All While I understand the comment the modems are being swapped because of a potential safety problem (running hot) and the potential of a customer just receiving a replacement in the post and putting it in a a cupboard because the present one is working ok and then there being a problem and BT then being held liable is not worth the risk it is like the recall of many products people do not bother its the its working it won't happen to me situation
0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

@john46 wrote:
Hi All While I understand the comment the modems are being swapped because of a potential safety problem

I'm sorry but that's just a lie spouted by BT.

They are being replaced because BT/OR opted to choose a unit manufactured at the cheapest cost possible and now they're failing. Granted some get hot  but hardly to the point where they spontaneously combust. Ofcourse the fact a lot of OR engineers stuck the Homehub on top of them didn't help either but I doubt BT/OR want to admit that ever happened.

Nope the simple truth is BT/OR are exploiting the "safety problem" to replace the faulty units with as little fuss as possible. After all if it really was a serious safety issue why aren't all the CP's that resell FTTC being contacted to have their customers modems exchanged?!?

Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

The same unit was initially supplied to all resellers by open reach i know of several users with other resellers who have had them replaced for the same reason that the early install BT retail customers are having done also the BT customer base is substantially larger than other resellers means there were more early models around to change