cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Lack of service

I could be mistake but I think it's under ground. The actual main box is outside my house and open reach are at least 3 times a day if this means anything 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

@Dollypops15 wrote:

I could be mistake but I think it's under ground. The actual main box is outside my house and open reach are at least 3 times a day if this means anything 

If there are no telephone poles, then it has to be an underground connection.

When you mentioned the main box outside your house, do you mean a large green street cabinet similar to this?

Capture.JPG

If Openreach visit the cabinet a lot, its possible there is an ongoing issue with it.

Based on what you have told me, I think the most likely cause of your disconnections is going to be a noisy phone line, which you can only prove by plugging a phone into the "phone" outlet on the microfilter which you must have plugged into the socket already

Capture.JPG

That should prove whether that is causing the problem.

If you cannot borrow a phone, you should be able to get a basic cheap wired phone from places like Argos within a Sainsbury supermarket, as they are still doing click and collect.

The cheapest seems to be about £6.99 but as you can imagine, phones are rather popular with people working from home, so you may have to pay a bit more.

Remember that a wired phone is essential in an emergency, as it will always be available, even if you lose mobile phone coverage, or if there is a power cut.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Thank you I will get one today. Thanks alot 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

@Dollypops15 wrote:

Thank you I will get one today. Thanks alot 

If you could please update this thread with what you find, then myself, or one of the other forum members, should be able to give you some advice.

Under normal circumstances, if this is a new connection, then Openreach would visit the house, and perhaps change the master socket for a newer type anyway. But at the moment, then are not entering properties apart from in an emergency.

0 Ratings