cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jsharpe10
Message 1 of 4

Lag Spikes while playing Online game 'League of Legends'

Hello, me and my family recently switched to BT Infinity from Sky and after the switch i've been getting ping spikes when playing League of Legends. It was happenning quite frequently (every 1 to 2 minutes) in the week after we switched but i thought that it would stop after a short period due to line optimisation etc. However it's still happening although not as frequently (once every 5-10 mins). I'm connected to the Home Hub wirelessly so i thought that this could be the problem? Not sure. When we were with Sky they switched me to a 'gamer profile' which sorted out a similar problem that i was having with ping on Call of Duty. Is there something like this with BT? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lag Spikes while playing Online game 'League of Legends'

Unfortunately, BT have no real control over the DLM and do not provide very many features in the DLM like other ISPs do. It would be nice if BT realised they can't keep going with this automated DLM and no customisation settings available to customers, but they don't want to bother with such things.

Fastpath on Infinity (which is what I think the gamer profile may be referring) activates itself if your line is seen as stable by the "automated" DLM. Just gotta keep the connection alive and not dropping for it to activate.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

try using a wired connection and see if that improves your gaming

did you turn off smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

did you split the networks  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

more personal assumptions with no evidence to support it
0 Ratings