cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSM15
Aspiring Expert
Message 321 of 818

Re: Lanark Carnwarth Carstairs areas

"This means that hopefully on Wednesday you should start seeing an improvement in throughput speeds at peak times." - SeanD

All pretty ambiguous - an "improvement" could mean that everyone just gets an extra 1Mb in speed!

What I'm looking for is peak time speeds to at least reach the "acceptable" level (as per BT Wholesale Speedtest - 'Further diagnostics' page).

0 Ratings
scott_mc
Contributor
Message 322 of 818

Don't get your hopes up people, I sense a massive disappointment coming our way.

We did some bandwidth calculations today and this is nowhere near enough - unless they are severely traffic managing or packet shaping it.
networkguy83
Aspiring Expert
Message 323 of 818

Can someone in carstairs area run a speed test just now.......the worst i have ever seen it and 2 days away from a fix, 0.85mb down and the upload speed, which normally is about 18mb is showing at 0.2mb......can someone else check this for me as the packet loss is mad tonight
0 Ratings
networkguy83
Aspiring Expert
Message 324 of 818

Cant even load web pages properly tonight!!!
0 Ratings
derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 325 of 818

@networkguy83 same here!! oh dear

slow upload.png

derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 326 of 818

Official yin.

bt speed test  20 04 15 2134.png

networkguy83
Aspiring Expert
Message 327 of 818

Terrible isnt it, ur d/l speed still showing as 4 times faster than mine!! I do hope this is all part of the miracle fix on wednesday!
networkguy83
Aspiring Expert
Message 328 of 818

So much for me watching any netflix tonight.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TxRxFx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 329 of 818

Right, ok enough, who's using the web now, it's my shot. I just want to borrow it to watch netflix for an hour (Daredevil EP02)!

Joking aside can BT wholesale please tell Plusnet there's work going on this exchange and it's affecting 01555 customers like they usually do.

I'm having to inform Plusnet about the work on this exchange since they've clearly not got the carrier pigeon message that this exchange is having a knockon effect on their customers (and BT's) in the 01555 area.

I smell a delayed nationwide hardware rollout here...

networkguy83
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 818

ha! Thats what i was going watch, ep03 tho, but I dont have 4 hours tonight to watch 3 hours of buffering.
0 Ratings