Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Larbert cabinet 21

Hi

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on what is going on at above cabinet on exchange larbert?

Infinity cab has been installed for months yet it keeps missing live dates? No recent work undertaken near cab and appears to have been connected to the old 21 cabinet already.

Appreciate it will be done when its done but a little frustrating to have bad the exchange work all completed, cabinet installed and then nothing but delays.

Thanks for any help.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Larbert cabinet 21

send an email to Openreach  

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

openreach will email you back but may take a week or so and give you information on your line and if infinity will be available and estimated date

0 Ratings
LJ50
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I've seen that suggestion made a few times on this site, so I sent an email to that address asking what the upgrade plans are for my new cabinet (currently FTTC, but my new home is a long way from the cabinet so I asked specifically about FTTP and FOD). It's taken a few days and....

Openreach's response was "however, for updates as to whether it will be available" I should contact my Internet service provider.

So, have Openreach got this wrong, or is the advice on here wrong?
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

The advice given here is correct. When you sent your email you should have initially restricted your query to FTTC with regard to the cabinet in question and your postcode.

FTTP is being rolled out in a very small number of areas and FOD even fewer. The response given to you could be related to FOD as this would be ordered via your ISP - as would FTTP but installation etc would have been done by Openreach prior to making the order unlike FOD.

If you want to get FTTC at your home send another email asking why things appear to have been delayed in implementing this.

0 Ratings
LJ50
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Sorry, that reply makes no sense in relation to the content of my post.

I emailed Openreach, providing my telephone number and postcode and asking if there was any schedule for upgrading my exchange and cabinet to FTTP or FOD. Openreach's email confirmed the cabinet number I'm attached to, but referred me to my ISP (BT!) to ask when my FTTP and FOD would be available in my exchange / cabinet. I can get FTTC, but the cabinet is a distance away and so my estimated speed is only just above the generally accepted minimum, hence my interest in FTTP.

If my ISP (through the advice on here, even if not always from BT employees) tells me to contact Openreach and Openreach tell me to ask my ISP, what can I do to get any useful information?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 15

You were referred to Openreach as you were asking about your cab missing live dates.

You then contacted Openreach and enquired about FTTP/FOD which has nothing to do with your cab and is supplied from the nearest aggregation node.

FTTP/FOD is limited in scope ATM and it is up to the ISP if they are going to supply it in an area.

0 Ratings
Buds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Any other way to find out info from my OP? Can a moderator help?

Followed advice and emailed my query through but no reply has been forthcoming.

Thanks for any help.
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 15

Hi Buds,

I'm afraid Openreach are the only ones who know the Fibre Broadband rollout.

Once contacting NGA Openreach it can take a week or so to get a reply, patients is the key.

BT Retail (whom operates this forum) are like all other ISPs/CPs and do not have access to IF and When a PCP (cabinet) or exchange area will be Fibre broadband upgraded apart from what is already in the public domain.

Openreach are rolling out and own the Commercial "Superfast-Openreach" Fibre broadband infrastructure around the UK as well as owning and rolling out the majority of local council/government BDUK schemes in partnership with your local authority and BDUK.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Buds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Well 3 weeks, two emails and no reply.

And another missed activation date. The joys lol.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

Are you emailing to the correct address?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings