cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blaikie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Latency/ping increased twice over the course of 2 weeks since infinity connection

Hello,

Just to be clear incase my title is confusing, this has nothing to do with lag, I'm talking about my overall latency.

After I had infinity enabled I achieved 25 down and 1.9 up with a spectacular ping of 19ms locally pinging to bbc.co.uk which translates very well to most gaming servers. Last week my ping jumped up to 26ms locally and remained in that state until today, where it has again jumped up to 34ms. I posted about interleaving yesterday and I now understand that this is not an option with (hypbrid??) fibre optic. I've been on these forums plenty of times before regarding my ping on my old terrible connection at 1.9 down and 0.3 up. And with requesting to disable interleaving off I managed to achieve a great ping of 25ms locally all the way up until now.

What are my options here because I simply cannot settle with lesser results than what I've first witnessed. I turn to these forums because of the poor first tier customer service via the phones, please help without referring to DLM. As I said, i've had this discussion plenty of times before, there has to be ways to resolve this on fibre optic!

Thanks,

Robert

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Latency/ping increased twice over the course of 2 weeks since infinity connection

As the DLM is in Openreach's control BT have no way of carrying out changes and Openreach use interleaving to ensure line stability and they will not change settings all you can do is hope over a period of time ( Unknown Period ) that the DLM will reduce interleaving itself if the line errors allow
0 Ratings
Blaikie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latency/ping increased twice over the course of 2 weeks since infinity connection

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and leave it a few days to see if it improves any. I will admit that I've been fiddling around with restarting the router and I now realise that this is bad for fibre optic? However, the first instance of the ping increase the router was untouched.

I also understand that the DLM can be forced to put my connection through another startup phase (10 day period).

Anyway we'll see what happens.

0 Ratings