cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Lied to about traffic management

I’m hoping someone can provide me with some guidance. We put a request in October for a Fibre package at my property. Turns out the line wasn’t connected so we needed to get someone from BT / Openreach to request authority from the council to close the road to sort this out. This was in November...

Rang the council today and they’ve informed me that no request has been submitted on that road and they mentioned this was a common occurrence. The question is where do I go from here? We need this actioned immediately and for a request to be made to the council. They said it would only take then a week or so to sign off on this so waiting weeks and weeks over what is basically a lie is so so frustrating 

any help would be amazing

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 23

Re: Lied to about traffic management

I have spoken to Openreach engineers in the past as my line requires an upgrade from the 40yr old aluminium and was told that Openreach have a "schedule" and an allotted amount of money. They prioritise this money however they see fit and unfortunately you are at their mercy. 

I have my fingers crossed for you that its soon but unfortunately neither Bt nor yourself can make openreach do anything at all. If virgin media is already there i would take that IMHO. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

It’s just a case of connecting a spare line to the box the surveyer told us so it should be fine. Just contacted Openreach who said BT need to contact the Openreach smc to find out what’s happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 23

Is there already a line to your house then and they literally just need to connect it or have they got to run the line to your house aswell? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

@Dan_Arsenal90 

have you placed an order for a phone line from BT Retail or was it another ISP.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Was from BT retail @imjolly -

spoke to them again this evening and got the same responses about being unsure and they’ll call back next week with an “update”.

as it stands, we’re waiting for an A%% to be submitted to the council but have been waiting weeks so clearly something is up and we’re not getting clarity from anyone on when this is likely to happen (or IF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

As you have placed an order with BT Retail I have aske forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help you at least find out the problem and why the delay.  They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 23

brilliant. Thanks for that. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 23

Hi @Dan_Arsenal90, thanks for posting back and sorry that you are not getting productive updates on your order. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

cheers
John

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Update - 

STILL no update from BT / Openreach. Seems like Openreach aren’t providing an answer to BT. Is there any way to push this further? Currently trying to lodge a complaint with Openreach for this holdup (Over a month now with no updates...)

0 Ratings