Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Limited to Superfast 1 speeds (52mbps) whilst using Superfast 2

Go to solution

I recently upgraded to Superfast Fibre Plus from our discounted Superfast Fibre 2 package. The reason I believe we are limited is due to a discount made over the phone for our old package. We had a standard Superfast Fibre 2 package at 63mbps until we were offered a discount of £2.50 over the phone which would reduce our speeds to 52mbps on download and left our Upload speed untouched. This effectively gave us a superfast 1 package but with the same untouched upload speed, which I believe to have confused the online systems. I have ran all tests to ensure that my line is not impacted and is in fact clean, this includes using a test socket and performing a quite line test (which had no crackling sounds at all). As well as this I have used the BT Wholesale Availability Checker shown at https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html. The output of that is below:

Capture.PNGNote that even the restricted speed is higher than my current speed, hence my belief that we are still capped. I have already communicated over the phone however they did not understand my situation at all and simply repeated that there is no issue with the line (which I already know!, being capped is nothing to do with a line fault.) and that they could not help as we are still given more than out guaranteed 49mbps. It would be a shame to not get our full speed because of this. I will talk on the phone again soon, however I have decided it may be worth leaving this here.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 29

Re: Limited to Superfast 1 speeds (52mbps) whilst using Superfast 2

Go to solution

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your problem.

Am I correct that you have agreed to a cap of 52Mb for a discount of £2.50 (never heard of this one, it must be a new thing) and are now complaining at being capped?

A 52Mb cap  would give about 49Mb throughput.

0 Ratings
TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

I am complaining that I have now removed this discount and upgraded to Superfast Fibre Plus however the speed has not uncapped, I can show you evidence.

Image.png

This is from last month, As you can see, the price stated is £2.50 less than current cost on the website. and it states we had superfast fibre 2 unlimited however were limited to 52mbps as we were discounted. I am unsure why we were not just downgraded to superfast fibre 1 instead.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

OK  I understand where you are coming from now.

Can you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Thank You Smiley Happy

I restarted the router an hour ago to try the test socket, it did not shut off automatically.

The SSID is not a mistake, I manually renamed it to that once I upgraded from Home Hub 5.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ63143802

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

24-May-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 8 Minutes 12 Seconds

Data rate:

18.33 Mbps / 60.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

18326 / 71130

Noise margin:

6.1 dB / 8.5 dB

Line attenuation:

17.7 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

8271 MB Uploaded / 50385 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub5-WRH2

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 1

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub5-WRH2-5

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 44)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

88:A6:C6:0B:4A:17

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

I realise now that it states a data link of 60mbps but the outputs of speed tests on both speedtest.net and bt wholsesale speedtest state a maximum of 52-53mbps at all times, on wired and wireless connections.

Capture.PNGCapture_LI.jpg

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

@TechTinowrote:

I am complaining that I have now removed this discount and upgraded to Superfast Fibre Plus however the speed has not uncapped, I can show you evidence.

This is from last month, As you can see, the price stated is £2.50 less than current cost on the website. and it states we had superfast fibre 2 unlimited however were limited to 52mbps as we were discounted. I am unsure why we were not just downgraded to superfast fibre 1 instead.

@TechTino

I'd remove your phone number from the attached picture if I were you... unless you want calls or it being used.. this is a public forum. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Damm you're right, must have not been thinking clearly. Removed my IP but not my phone number. Thanks

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

You can't edit the post now, it is only editable for an hour after posting. I have asked one of the mods to remove the graphic.

It looks as though your line is banded at 60M by DLM rather than any deliberate capping which would have been at 55M

TechTino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

Hi, Thank you. Is there any way to stop the DLM system? I have previously had 63mbps with the exact configuration over a year ago so I know it's possible. I find it odd that it is limited to the exact speed of the Superfast Fibre 1 package though. There have been no dropouts or anything that may have led to this occuring.

0 Ratings