Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: Limited to Superfast 1 speeds (52mbps) whilst using Superfast 2

Go to solution

That's my point, its not limited to Superfast1 which is 55M.  Its the data rate you need to look at, not speedtest results.

Keep a stable connection and DLM will release the banding and improve your speed.

TechTino
Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

We have not had a single dropout for about a year, and this is the same speed I was locked to after receiving the discount. There are no line issues as far as I can tell either, already did line tests over the phone too. Is the 48 Hour threshold something I need to consider? I suppose I could wait 48 hours with the Broadband on if this is the case.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

The only thing I can think of is that somehow DLM has been manually invoked to band your line at 60M, but I don't know if that is even possible. You certainly haven't been capped to a standard package speed.

TechTino
Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

Thank You :), Do you think its worth getting on the phone again and requesting an engineer visit? Been reading up that they may be able to reset the DLM, or I may just have to wait. If it is a DLM issue I find it odd that it's been applied when there have been no issues though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

I would just hang on for a while and see what happens. An engineer can't reset DLM unless he identifies and fixes a fault.

TechTino
Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks 🙂 I'll be sure to do that. At least now if I have to talk to BT I am aware of the possible issue to bring up. Sorry to bother you about the image, forum has been more useful than my hour long phone call.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @TechTino,

If you would like any help from us, please let me know. I'll open our contact route to you.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
TechTino
Contributor
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

More than a month later and the same issue is still ongoing. Any advice on what to do now? Thanks.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

Reply to @DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

@TechTino

I have as mod to post link again as probably gone after a month

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings