Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasadm
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Line Attenuation

Go to solution

So long as my work does not suffer, I am prepared to give the benefit of doubt to BT however annoying that maybe, until this crisis blows over.  Lets hope things get back to normal.

Stay safe everybody 👍

0 Ratings
Octopus16
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Update:

• My new TP-Link router hasn't had any ISP updates but my speed has dropped to what it was on the Smart Hub.
  • I'm getting more than two drop-outs an hour and it is really affecting working from home etc.

I've changed to using my Vodafone 4G+ data service and I've found it stable & reliable and that's in a pretty rural area! 😉

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Check for line noise, 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

Can you post the connection stats from the TP-link.

0 Ratings
Octopus16
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

A constant hiss on the line... TP-Link router solved problems, now they're back...

I have run all shielded cabling to the router, it still drops out every couple of hours...

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
pd123
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution
0 Ratings
prasadm
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

In my case, the Downlink attenuation value fluctuated quite a bit for sometime in April and then it stabilised . I am not sure if the issues I had with the broadband speed were because of the attenuation, as subsequent monitoring of the data does not suggest attenuation values as seen in my HH6 has a direct bearing on the speed although I am speculating. I did collect data over a month when the broadband speed started fluctuating quite a bit and dropped to a level which I couldn't work with.  Please see the attached graph. The data is collected every 2 minutes or so. Prior to 29th April, the speed was also fluctuating quite a bit as you can see in the initial part of the graph, and since then DLM did stabilise the line, and brought it back to my normal levels. Yes, took a while. But the Downlink Attenuation as you can see kept fluctuating quite a bit since then. It is now stable too. The Uplink attenuation did not seem to have fluctuated like this. As I said  in my case the line is stable now with same firmware.

ps: the data in the graph is taken from router manually and painfully, no hacking /unlocking involved if anyone wonders

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
azual
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Has anyone found a fix for this? Just got the update on 23rd Nov and I get crappy connection sometimes now.

0 Ratings
TEREU5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

I did get update of firmware on 21 -Dec (HH6) and connection for some reason is pretty poor now ...

0 Ratings