cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Line Damage

A Bridge Tap is the Americanism for Star Wiring, which is basically where the line runs in Parallel as opposed to a Series.

If you look at the Screenshot it actually shows that as being in the Premises Environment, as in your house.

You mentioned an ‘Earth’ Fault. I think what you’re getting confused with is the Engineer would’ve run a test called an, RFL Bridge Test to locate the Earth Contact.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Line Damage

When the engineer 1st came this time to investigate he said before he came in to my house you have a bridge tap on your line one of your extensions. I told him no extensions router and phone direct into master socket. He tested the line from the test socket and it still had a bridge tap. He then replaced my inside socket and tested it again  still had a bridge tap. So he tested the line from my home end and found it damaged at a distance from my home. He then went to the junction box up the street and tested back towards my house and found it damaged. so measured from my home then from box and dug up the path at that spot. But they could not trace my line using the generator and hand held detector as it was picking the tone up all over the street everywhere he went with it he even turned the sensitivity down. This lead them to believe the line was earthed out somewhere. The line they dug up was copper inner 4 core and outer was armoured I could see no damage on it and they could see no damage on it. I am happy with my speed I am just dubious as to what this bridge tap still means as this fault has gone on for 11yrs and after an engineer visit and the dlm has been reset speeds always increase but gradually over time they deteriorate.   

0 Ratings