Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OvertonJames
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Line Fault and Getting the Run Around!!

Hi

Ive now had infinty for over a year and my speeds have increased more then 10 fold. So been happy service to date. Have had a few line faults over years which have been rectified (we live in an exposed coastal area).

Have recently reported aand raised a fault, engineer comes out. check our house side confirms all ok, finds fault at distribution box, fault apparently fixed, fault closed...... fault not fixed line still crackles and broadband cuts ut speed at best 2mb. Re-report......another engineer comes out cant find fault, checks our home side out confirms ok......bla bla fault closed.

This repeats for a few visits, numeorus openreach guys out, cherry pickers, fault fixed......apparently tests now show it my home hub.....told to phone BT up......spend 3 hours trying to get response ....wrong department every time....finally find someone who can sort out....sales man confirms new hub on its way and gets us to reconfirm contract.

me....happy to do so as problem fixed.....NOT......still 1 month on phone BT .....want to raise new fault and i again start the rigours/pain of explainning everything.!

Whats is with with BT...do you guys not talk? LOL

So please if someone from BT UK is listening please sort this out, ive spent hours now talking to your colleagues in india following the standard process, numerous openreach engineers.....all i want is the service im paying for. BTW another Open reach visist planned tommorow....hence another day off work unpaid!!

As you guys know (see notes on my files of all engineer comments...etc.) the line and posts are way out of date with my feed being an old split DACS line. probablly been up there for 30 plus years. The infrastructure is aging. How can i raise this issue to accelerate an upgrade as its clear the line is knackered (pole looks like is on skew of 20 degrees)....etc.

Or is it time just time to cancel and try another.

OJ

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Line Fault and Getting the Run Around!!

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Openreach do not talk to end users, only Service Providers.

The line fault will be there whichever provider you use.

This need to be reported as a noisy phone fault, the broadband will get better when the noise is cleared.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Line Fault and Getting the Run Around!!

Hi @OvertonJames,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had in getting your service repaired. I'll be able to help you get your line repaired. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings