Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b_bez
Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Line Profile Reset Required Please.

Go to solution

Hope someone can help here, my mental health is bad enough without going around in circles with the BT call centre staff.

I used to get 65MB connection when I was paying £55 a month.  I them negotiated a new deal of £30 a month and the connection gradually slowed down to around 45MB over the next few weeks (sneaky).

My contract guarantees me minimum 45MB but I'm reading a line profile of 35MB and I tested on BT Servers / Google / Speedtest, all giving me 26MB download and 600k upload.

All the call centre staff want to do is sell me another faster package and complain when I say I use my own router which they apparently can't run diagnostics on..

Any ideas, my contract up soon so if my connection gonna be this slow I'm as well getting Vodafone for 21 a month instead of giving BT 30 a month.Untitled01.jpgUntitled02.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: Line Profile Reset Required Please.

Go to solution

Could you post the connection stats from your router.

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution

Untitled03.jpg

Here's a screendump from my router.  It's a TP-Link W9980.. thanks

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution

Is there any noise on your line? 17070 opion 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

your connection time is very short are you having problems maintaining internet connection?

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps  - even if you currently have a filtered faceplate you need to try test socket to eliminate your internal wiring

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

as you suggested, option 2 and line sounds quiet.  very, very slight hiss but probably the cheap phone

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

also using Openreach mk 4 socket which was fitted by Openreach last year.  Rebooted router only an hour ago.  Uptime was 38 days earlier this morning.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

so you can hear a hiss on phone line when doing quiet line test from test socket?  if so you need to report a phone fault to 151 - line should be silent especially with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

OK, thanks, I'll give it a try and update when I find out what's going on.

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

phone 151, now through to BT. asked to confirm my details then she's asked for phone number which I gave her.  She says she got different account details for and phone number on line I'm calling from.  Line coming up in different name?

After giving my details, lady in call centre can't find my details by phone number, postcode or full address, wtf?

0 Ratings