Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 42

Re: Line Profile Reset Required Please.

Go to solution

When you tried the quiet line test did it state your correct telephone number?

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

Yes.  It states correct phone number.  Spoke to someone in Glasgow who finally found me through billing.  Claims line is OK as I tried 151 to report fault but automated call back / update in 5 minutes never arrived so I called and asked for line update which then put me through to Irish Lass in a call centre somewhere.  She couldn't find my details, other Lass in Glasgow found details.  Also tried same line test with / without openreach v4 faceplate with same results.  Line appears quiet.  thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

so the hiss you heard has now disappreared?  if so have you tried connecting your router to filter in test socket and post new stats  

you never said if you are having connection problems and that was reason for very low connection time in previous stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Ripped out my tp-link and replaced with home hub 6, in test socket, still a poor 25MB download.  I've not had any disconnects for a while now apart from the usual "timeout waiting for pado packets" which usually happens between 01.00-03:00am.  Connection has just been slowing down.

Can no longer run diagnostics with the hh6 as something about TAP3 being enabled and if I try speed test from within router it takes me to a page to login with my email / password but every time I enter my password, it just loops back to login page with email / password.

You couldn't make this up, however, my ping has now dropped significantly and upload backup to where I need it.

Untitled04.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

can you post hub stats now in test socket  advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

Here are log from hh6, thanks

Untitled06.jpg

0 Ratings
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

Seems to be a Noise Margin issue. Could you please call up or chat with the team and ask them to check if the line is dropping at their end and if there is any trend of it dropping for sometime. Speeds isn't an issue for you as it seems from the TP link router that you are getting speeds of around 39 Mb.  
Try checking the line at the main test socket and then call out an Wholesale engineer from them and they should be able to check and fix things for you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

Your down speed is lower than expected based on attainable but your up speed is terrible. If you are now in test socket just leave it there and see if that helps your line stability.  If your line is now stable then post new stats in couple of days and then see if mods can help

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

OK Guys, thanks for the help.  cheers the now..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

@b_bez I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed. I think it would be good if we ran some diagnostics on your connection as there does appear to be something up with the profile. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team. It's taking us a day or two to reply and I'd recommend leaving it in the test socket for the time being.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings