Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b_bez
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: Line Profile Reset Required Please.

Go to solution

Hi Neil,  I've been on the TP-Link router since 28 May (Last Monday).  The Home Hub 6 keeps crashing when trying to use admin panel and my Home Hub 5 runs LEDE firmware.  I don't have a landline phone, only mobile.  Landline was just to do quiet line test.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

This is with Home Hub 6, using test socket nude (no adsl filter, no landline connected)

Untitled0.pngUntitled1.pngUntitled2.png

Untitled3.png

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

I trust I'll be getting a reduction in next months bill as this reduction in speed was first phoned into BT on 24th April 2019 so it's been ongoing for more that a month now.

I've also spoke to Vodafone who's offering me the the same speed as BT has been delivering me for 20 a month, not 30 a month which is what BTs charging me.

Can someone confirm that I can cancel contract early as I'm not getting my 45mb guaranteed rate?

Why pay for a pint of lager and get given half a pint when I can pay for a half pint and get a half pint from Voda?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez,

@NeilO is back in the office tomorrow afternoon. I've sent him an email so he knows you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks Danny good to know.  I now have "No Dial Tone" when plugged into Test Socket, using a D-Link microfilter with HH6 / Landline connected.  Still no dial tone if I plug landline direct into test socket also!

If I ring Landline from my mobile, it rings but I don't hear the landline ringing, can just hear ringing on the mobile speaker.

Broadband also taking ages to connect up / synch.  Initial googling suggests a broken wire somewhere which kills dial tone but broadband will still work in some cases???

Was working before Openreach visit on Friday as I spoke to Patrick on it.

thanks

UPDATE at 11:00AM:

Got Dial Tone back, broadband speed fluctuating.

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

So I've had an email and 2 x text messages.  Email states fault will be fixed by 10 June 2019, txt, dated 5th June states fault's fixed, had another txt, dated 6th June, stating I need an engineer visit, please call 0800 800 150.  Called the number to get told "Sorry, the Service is currently unavailable"?  regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

@b_bez wrote:

Thanks Danny good to know.  I now have "No Dial Tone" when plugged into Test Socket, using a D-Link microfilter with HH6 / Landline connected.  Still no dial tone if I plug landline direct into test socket also!

If I ring Landline from my mobile, it rings but I don't hear the landline ringing, can just hear ringing on the mobile speaker.

Broadband also taking ages to connect up / synch.  Initial googling suggests a broken wire somewhere which kills dial tone but broadband will still work in some cases???

Was working before Openreach visit on Friday as I spoke to Patrick on it.

thanks

UPDATE at 11:00AM:

Got Dial Tone back, broadband speed fluctuating.

Sounds like one wire in the incoming line is intermittently disconnecting. probably a corroded joint somewhere.

Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

@b_bez Thanks for speaking with me again today,  fingers crossed the engineer manages to get to the bottom of this when they visit tomorrow🤞

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 39 of 42

Go to solution

Hi Neil,  2 x engineers out today.  reseated all wiring at the cabinet then ran lots of tests from cab > house and vice versa.  I'll update in a few days again and hoping fault's fixed.

Thank You again to everyone for taking the time on this.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez  thanks for the update and hopefully the work carried out by the engineer's fixes the fault. Keep us updated either way and @NeilO  will be back in the office next week.

cheers
John

0 Ratings