cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 30

Re: Line Profile lowering for no reason.

Go to solution

It is still dropping, 61.22 now,it should be 77.44 as it has been that for over a year.

In my main post I stated that it was dropping for no reason,but it is obvious to me now that BT are lowering it for some reason only they know about.

My contract runs out in October,and unless my profile goes back to 77.44 before then,I will be returning to VM.

test4.jpg

0 Ratings
Karl_JW
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

@ironman123 wrote: 

Karl,

Crosstalk is caused by bad insulation,or lines crossing each other and each line picking up interference [white noise] from each other,or badly connected lines at the cab etc.

How would you go about finding if that is the cause of the IP speed dropping?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

@Karl_JW wrote:

@ironman123 wrote: 

Karl,

Crosstalk is caused by bad insulation,or lines crossing each other and each line picking up interference [white noise] from each other,or badly connected lines at the cab etc.

How would you go about finding if that is the cause of the IP speed dropping?

By contacting the mods.

Ironman, I suggest you do the same if you haven't already done so.

Before going back to VM, I would check out thier new traffic management recently implemented.

0 Ratings
Karl_JW
Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

I did a few days ago but I didn't get a confirmation email that I had sent them an email, so I've just done it again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution
you do not get a confirmation email from the mods the reference number appears as a new web page after you click on the send button
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

I have already contacted the mods no reply yet,but as they are busy there is no rush.

And as John stated,the reference number [ticket number] is given on the last page that appears when you send the report.

0 Ratings
Karl_JW
Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
you do not get a confirmation email from the mods the reference number appears as a new web page after you click on the send button

You're right. My bad. I've contacted the mods before, but forgot you don't get a confirmation email. 

0 Ratings
mitchd2100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

@MBR123 wrote:

BT should look at achieveing better speeds for the houses that live further away and not concentrating on everyone that lives next to the Fibre cabs for faster throughput. BT please leave the 70/10MB+ peeps alone, they dont need help, concentrate on the lower figures around the country and do something special for them!. 🙂

Im not hijacking this thread, but this is one of the best comments I have seen so far...

0 Ratings
jfsfoster
Contributor
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

That can only happen if BT increase the FTTC capex. Then they could run fibre to more cabinets from fibre enabled exchanges and even roll out FTTC from hundreds more exchanges. TBH I don't feel sorry for those that live in rural or semi-rural areas and then complain about a 2Mbps connection. Move to a city or town if you want fast broadband. Life is full of trade offs.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

This is what my speeds were up to about 2 weeks ago,so there is no reason for my line profile to be going lower and staying low,or getting even lower by each week that passes.

http://speedtest.net/result/2618404104.png

0 Ratings