cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: Line Profile lowering for no reason.

Go to solution

BTW I have lost the silent noise testing number again,could someone post it here please.?

Will try a niose test to rule out stray noise on the line [if any].

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks!,have done the test and no noise,so the line is clear at least.:)

That just leaves the DLM to do it`s job.

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution
I am also suffering from my profile lowering its been fine since installation back in April it was 63.46 then two weeks ago it dropped to 61.46 and then overnight it's dropped again now on 60.46 don't know why the only thing that has changed was my hub couple weeks ago had hh4 but had problems so sent it back and reverted back to hh3b but did not touch the openreach modem just wondering if suffering from crosstalk as the. Cabinet fills up I was first to get connected to it back in January with sky fibre which was very poor hence the change to bt, checked the bt online checker the other day and my speed estimate has now changed to was estimated 53.3 down and 15.7 up but got 61 down and 18 up but now it says 48.4 down and 10.8 up big change on upload side seems strange?
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Jaseb41,

Crosstalk is really just the same as saying "interference from crossing lines,or badly insulated,or poorly connected lines".

Assuming that the fibre cable from the exchange to the cabinet is ok,then the weak link has to be in the cab or somewhere in the line to the home.

In my case the silent noise test is saying that my line is ok,so the fault if any must be in the cab or being caused by the DLM circuit not doing it`s job correctly.

IMO,the whole idea of using fibre optic cables that then swap to normal phone line [copper lines] is a hit or miss project anyway.

FTTP is better,[no old copper lines],but costs more to implement.

The amount of lines connected at the cab should not effect anyone,if the connections and routing of those lines is done correctly.

I am still waiting for a reply from the mods,I know they are busy,but I have a feeling that I am being ignored now.

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Well its took three weeks but my ip profile has finally gone back up at last now at 63.72 from 60.46 upload around 17 ping slightly up was around 10 now 26 but pretty Good !

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Ok,I have been in contact with a mod concerning this matter,and I am now updating this thread.

I have given the DLM enough time to sort it`s self out and return my line profile to the 74.44Mbps that it was at for a long time [nearly 16 months],but I will not be blackmailed into updating my Infinity 2 80/20 "Unlimited" to the "Totally Unlimited" package and then be in contract for another 12 or 18 months [my current contract ends in Oct this year].

It is becoming obvious to me that if I was to upgrade,my profile would then magically be back the way it was.

So unless my profile is returned to the level that I know my line can handle in a stable manner [77.44].I will be returning to VM in Nov.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

My thoughput is now back to 75Mbps/17Mbps and the line profile is also now back to 77.42Mbps,so the DLM has finally done it`s job.

Thanks to the mods Diarmuid & Patrick for the email contact that they provided during this setback.

I am now logging this thread as solved.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution
How long did DLM take in the end?
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

26/6/13 to 29/7/13 ,about a month,but imo that is way too long because if it can cut the profiles down in about 1 minute,it should recover the lines based on data that shows the capabilty of the line,not do it in stages over weeks.

0 Ratings