cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Line Profile on FTTC not recovering since engineer fixed fault

Hi All,

Sorry to be on here with such a question at times like this but I recently had an engineer out to fix a fault on my line as my speed dropped from around 73mb to 62mb which as BT keep telling me is within my parameters. The issue is my line has ran stable at 73 ish since I got the service installed 2/3 years ago. I notice before fault was fixed the BT wholesale speedtest site (new one) stated my line profile was 68. When I run test now it says something about an error getting my details , see screen shot. Also included my stats so someone can assist with what I should get.
My router used to show max data range of 80+ and would sync with exchange at around 77mb

BT Wholesale SpeedtestBT Wholesale SpeedtestSmart Hub 2 StatsSmart Hub 2 Stats

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line Profile on FTTC not recovering since engineer fixed fault

stats look fine and connection speed just below attainable with noise margin about normal 6db     your connection time is less than 1 day is this due to manual reset or hub dropping connection?

which exchange and cab are you on? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Yes that was a manual reset as was moving the living room around. 

My exchange is Birtley and Cabinet is 19

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Yes that was a manual reset as was moving the living room around.

My exchange is Birtley and Cabinet is 19
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

you are on ECI cab so unlikely to get a boost from G.INP just need to try and maintain a stable connection and see if any change

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks jolly,

Any clue as to why the Wholesale speedtester isnt giving me my line profile stats?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Don't know but as I have DV it does not work for me anyway.  

The profile is a fixed percentage based on connection speed for down but just either 10/20mb depending on whether fibre 1 or 2

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Fibre 2 I am on. Its strange as it used to show me but now it says due to a fault it cant report it as in the screenshot
0 Ratings