Go to solution

IMG_1421.jpg

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 42 of 79

Re: Line Speed

Go to solution
The margin levels are high, but may be because of your relative short distance to the street cab. Strangely the connection looks clean enough, but even level 16 interleave is a tad high for a quiet line. That higher interleave maybe due to resets by you. And also it may have added extra margin to the SNRm, but you have a choice. Either ... just leave it connected without disconnection by you, and let it self heal .... or, unplug the router and do without internet for about 24 hours, and plug it in again on a reboot and see if it's any better. If nothing changes after leaving it alone ... or doing the 24 hour disconnection, you may need to get the line config checked out by moderators on here. What I'm trying to say is ... it's difficult to ascertain which it is, because of your closeness to the exchange, but if it doesn't self heal in the next 4-5 days, I'd get the connection config checked out. But DO NOT keep resetting it ... it'll end up locked up in a low linespeed profile. But if it resets on its own .... that's fine, it'll mean the dslam is using and trying the the best line profile protocol.
PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 43 of 79

Go to solution

@RogerBwrote:

Like this ...

Capture.JPG

IMG_1423.jpg

0 Ratings
PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 44 of 79

Go to solution

Hi Roger hanks for that. 

Im a bit confused by the what the other helper was saying. As I am paying for 50Mb is this not the download speed I would be expecting to acheive?

My upload speed used to be 1Mb and is now 7Mb substantial increase, I was expecting a substantial change in my downlaod speed in Mbs from moving from standard copper ADSL to FTTC VDSL should that not be the case?

@RogerBwrote:
The margin levels are high, but may be because of your relative short distance to the street cab. Strangely the connection looks clean enough, but even level 16 interleave is a tad high for a quiet line. That higher interleave maybe due to resets by you. And also it may have added extra margin to the SNRm, but you have a choice. Either ... just leave it connected without disconnection by you, and let it self heal .... or, unplug the router and do without internet for about 24 hours, and plug it in again on a reboot and see if it's any better. If nothing changes after leaving it alone ... or doing the 24 hour disconnection, you may need to get the line config checked out by moderators on here. What I'm trying to say is ... it's difficult to ascertain which it is, because of your closeness to the exchange, but if it doesn't self heal in the next 4-5 days, I'd get the connection config checked out. But DO NOT keep resetting it ... it'll end up locked up in a low linespeed profile.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 79

Go to solution

Why is no "further diagnostic" result on the BT Wholesale performance test, unless I missed it? That would show what the IP profile is currently set to, as that would restrict the download speed.

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 46 of 79

Go to solution
Paul ... It'll merely be a line profile issue on the street cabinet port profile .... even though new connections technically settle down within 10 minutes of a correctly configured modem handshake, the msan will invoke a few tests to discover the best line profile to use ... sometimes trellis modulation, sometimes not. But if it gets disturbed along the way by disconnections, it can trip up the sequence. That's why (even though 10 days is not really required now) it stands to stop people from uninterupting the sequence. DLM is fairly forgiving whwn it's doing line reparation, or deciding a line protocol to set .... butr is not forgiving when multiple user resets are done, and so leave it be. If it gets stuck deciding it's real profile rate, you'll need help. As per Keith's comment (which is valid) further information normally shows the line profile if it's set ... (if). If you need moderator help Keith will invoke it for you. As per the other statement ... it'll fly 50 once it's sorted, and what you're paying for.
PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 47 of 79

Go to solution

The diagnostic test say that while running the test there was an errorIMG_1424.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 79

Go to solution

You are conecting at the maximum 55/10 speed of Infinity1 or whatever its called this week.

PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 49 of 79

Go to solution
Just like to thank everyone for their input & assistance today, it’s been a great help
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 79

Go to solution

Hello, you must uninstall the updates and restore the plan to the previous version. Then again update it to the latest version. Your speed might become fast by doing this.

0 Ratings