Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 79

Re: Line Speed

Go to solution

are you able to run btspeedtester again but then after first test completes run diagnostoc test and post results  must be done with ethernet conenction not wireless if problems try different browser - edge or chrome

you never said if previous btspeedtester results were with wired connection

** edited**  thanks @pippincp

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 79

Go to solution

I think @imjolly means not wireless.

PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 53 of 79

Go to solution
Yes my laptop was plugged into my modem, not WiFi
0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 54 of 79

Go to solution

Do not attempt to use the SNR setting in the router, it should be left at default -1

Check to see if your DSL settings look like this:

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 79

Go to solution

@RogerB The OP is syncing at maximum rate with a massive attainable rate, any problem is either false reading from the speedtester or congestion.

PaulWilson67
Contributor
Message 56 of 79

Go to solution

Wont get a chance to look at it until Friday, will keep you posted.

Again thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 57 of 79

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@RogerBThe OP is syncing at maximum rate with a massive attainable rate, any problem is either false reading from the speedtester or congestion.

So it seems ... but if the RAP profile from the BRAS has failed, the msan port won't see a line profile rate to run to, and stick at its previous setting. He went from 10mbits ADSL and is now only throughputting at 13-15mbits, and that could be because ptm packet transfer is more efficient than atm. But the port rate isn't set. I could understand your view re- the throughput if it was about 25% low .... but technically his hasn't moved, apart from changing packet transmission type. atm to ptm. Both BRAS, RAMBO and RAP profiles have to set (automatically) for the port to see the speed. (may need intervention if it doesn't clear on its own)  ... and the speedtest data won't report one.

Maybe an NCAS or OSS system failure much like used to happen with new Max to ADSL connections. Even though it's automated ... sh1te happens.

(and why I told him to switch it off and disconnect for 24 hours)

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 79

Go to solution

What are you talking about, the OP was previously on ADSL from the MSAN, he is now on VDSL from the DSLAM in the cabinet.

The problem is either congestion or speedtester error.

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 59 of 79

Go to solution

kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM_system.htm#RAP

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 60 of 79

Go to solution

But you are implying that the OP is still connected to the same equipment as before and is stuck on his ADSL IP profile, that is simply not the case, he is now on a completely different circuit connected to different equipment.

0 Ratings