cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Line 'Upgraded' but download speed has been lowered and is almost unusable now

Hello! Hoping you can help.

My line was 'upgraded' but the download speed has been lowered, it's almost unusable now!

The download speed used to be 6.5 Meg with 500 KB upload, but since the line has been upgraded, the download speed is now 2.3 Meg with 1.1 Meg upload.

Can somebody please help to try and get the upload speed lowered back to what it was, so the download speed can be increased to what it used to be. As 2.3 Meg download is not usable at all

I tried ringing up, but haven't managed to get anywhere. Hoping someone can help

Thank you

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Line 'Upgraded' but download speed has been lowered and is almost unusable now

@Traumatic 

What do you mean you were upgraded, as you cannot upgrade an ADSL connection?

Did you upgrade to "fibre" 1? If you did, its quite possibly you could get a slower speed.

Enter your phone number into this form and display the results here, but edit out your phone number before you post the results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Re: Line 'Upgraded' but download speed has been lowered and is almost unusable now

We were sent an email by BT saying our line has been upgraded. We never requested any upgrade.

Here're the details from the link

Traumatic_0-1608549818975.png

Do you need any stats from the Modem?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

You are still on ADSL, if you had been on fibre 1 , your speed would be non-existent.

It shows your connection as 6.56mbs on 20th Jan this year.

Can you please provide the connection information from your home hub?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

There’s no noise on the line.

4DE2A94A-4BA5-4AFD-9F62-4858536737FE.png

 Have attached a picture of the hub details.

Are these the details you need?

We do have another line that didn’t get upgraded and the stats for that are below

D1A1A214-1760-47A3-96A4-1BB8FDB652A6.jpeg

 Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

can you post the full stats page from technical log information

sure you only moved to adsl2 not vdsl?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

We were never advised what we were being upgraded to.  Here’s the full stats

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091301+1947000639

Firmware version:v0.21.03.07094-BT

Firmware updated:Wed Oct 28 10:16:14 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:6 days,22 Hours33 Mins09 Secs

Data rate:800 Kbps / 2.696 Mbps

Maximum data rate:1.130 Mbps / 3.832 Mbps

Noise margin:13.6 / 7.3

Line attenuation:22.3 / 46.8

Signal attenuation:22.3 / 47.1

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:2.3 GB Uploaded / 13.4 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-WRACCT

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel6)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-WRACCT

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

957C47D9-18F6-449C-89E1-81C54D21E730.png

 on this page it says this. But whenever I’ve rung up BT they say I’m not on Fibre!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

I would say you have been moved to Fibre 1 with stats showing connection type - fibre broadband vdsl and also showing VLAN id 101

that would explain the lower speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

@Traumatic 

In your case, its a downgrade, as you are too far away from the cabinet for Fibre 1. I do not think customer services bother to check, before offering free upgrades. It always a good idea to check before accepting an "upgrade".

There is nothing you can do about it, as I do not think BT will put you back onto an ADSL connection.

0 Ratings