cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Line activation delay

Hello,

I am a new BT Broadband customer and was supposed to have my line activated on April 3rd. I have not heard anything from BT since then even though I have received my hub. I have connected it and it is now displaying a purple light meaning it is not connected to the internet. 

My order only says "sorry for the delay" but I haven't heard anything from BT about this as all. It lists that my hub has only been dispatched rather than delivered which might be part of the issue?

I completely understand these are difficult times, but we have now been without internet for a while since moving into our new property and this has made working from home really difficult for us. 

Is there any way I would be able to get an update on the status of our line activation? Is there something I haven't done on my end?

Thank you very much for your help, and I hope you are well.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Line activation delay

if a new property are you expecting FTTP

something like this already in your home   ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I have received an adapter which was delivered with my BT hub, and my property already had an openreach wall set up, which is where I plugged my hub in. 

The issue I believed is that the line has not been activated on BT's end, as my order is still showing as delayed and not yet activated, though I have not heard anything about this, which is the point of my question here 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 4

What are the colours of the lights on the ONT (unit on wall)?

0 Ratings