cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Line capped by DLM - what can I do?

@Carlusha  thanks I feel for you too, count myself lucky that one ear is much better than the other.

Message 12 of 15

you need longer than 10 days stable before the DLM will relent and start reducing banding - any line noise will cause a delay in DLM action

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding this. I know DLM doesn't work on the fly but I understood it would assess line quality/performance every 24hrs and thus make adjustments based on the quality/performance metrics. My d/l speed has now been a flat-line at 43998 Kbps for 11 days, with 2 error seconds in that time. I get that DLM takes time but I thought there would be some variation in d/l connection speed over 11 days. This what prompted my post as it seems that no matter if my line quality improves over time, there has been no change in connection speed.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

DLM is constantly monitoring your line but it takes an unstable connection with many drops before being in banded profile   it take more than just 10 days for DLM to relent and start reducing banding

this may help

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 15

Thanks, yes have already read through that post amongst others to gain a better understanding of how to interpret my line stats.

As I said before it's unfortunate but i don't know what fault(s) occurred or when they occurred that caused DLM to implement the banding cap. So rhetorical question I know but I'm then left wondering how long it may take DLM to adjust again (assuming line stays 'clean')?

And then back to the question if DLM doesn't relent how do i get a reset done?
0 Ratings