Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: Line dropping every couple of days

Go to solution

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution
Unfortunately I can't stop it as I'm away so I need to wait for someone else to move the router.

If I move it, and it stabilises, will it recover by itself or will it need BT intervention?
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

Here are the stats.

Also noise margin now showing at 9.8/8.6. Which one is upload and which is download? Still not moved to test socket yet.

Telephone Exchange.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

from the way you posted stats earlier - up left down right

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution
Thanks.

Do you know if things will improve by themselves (speed and noise wise) if I move it and things get stable. Or will I need to call BT?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

you won't know until you are connected to test socket and post stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution
Okay thanks. Will hopefully have stats tonight.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Okay,

So the person moved it back to the primary socket, not the test socket. Things got too complicated explaining over the phone.

Here are the new stats - what are the thoughts?

IMG_2308.PNG

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

Without the stats when connected to the test socket impossible to comment. I know it maybe difficult to organise but a test socket connection rules out any internal problem.

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Fair enough, I'll have to do it next Wednesday when I get back as it was bad enough just getting it moved Smiley Frustrated.

Given a previous poster in this thread said 6db was the target, surely this shows an improvement?

0 Ratings