Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cabinet4infinitypain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Line profile reset

Team,

I had a line fault (one of the twisted pair had split) which is now fixed.  I have now raised a Broadband fault through the online too.  As the line fault was phone not broadband the engineer couldn't do anything on the line profile.

Pretty please could you help get my profile sorted, running at 4MB is doing my head in!!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Line profile reset

if you are on infinity/fibre then only after broadband engineer visit and fault fixed can you gel DLM reset - unlike ADSL where mods could help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cabinet4infinitypain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Gah. OK, thank you, I'll have to play the game.

Problem here is that as a line fault, it wasn't a broadband engineer.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

now fault fixed if you maintain a stable connection then DLM will start to reduce noise margin which will increase your speed and therefore improve your profile

faster speed gives better profile not the other way round

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cabinet4infinitypain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Got you, thanks for the explanation.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 7

The main thing is maintaining a stable connection. No reboots in an attempt to force the reset. It has the opposite effect.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

And no restarting of the home hub when you run a speed test, even though it tells you to.

0 Ratings