cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Line resets then speed drops over 60%

I had a stable line for months running 80/20 then yesterday afternoon the line reset multiple times it came back up stable but at 24/10

After spending over 1.30 minutes with the stupid helpdesk I have got nowhere

I have a long history with this line and SFI in Exeter but you can not even have a sensible conversation with the helpdesk !!!!!

They want to send a home engineer visit in 15 days WHAT A JOKE PEOPLE - IT TOOK OVER 5 SFI GUYS TO FIX THIS LAST TIME  ---- I WANT SOME HELP NOW BT PLEASE !!!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line resets then speed drops over 60%

Hi @IhaveAbrain,

Just because you had problems that took 5 engineers the last time doesn't mean that you are having the same problem this time. More than likely the dropping connection has caused your connection to be banded.

Can you post your hub stats and check your phone line for noise?

PS - You may want to consider changing your user name.... you have posted your phone number on a public forum.

SP

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@IhaveAbrain,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your broadband connection.I have edited your post to remove your phone number.

A good place to start is a suggested is by checking line for nose and posting hub stats.

Once these have been posted the Community will be in a better position to help with your connection.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hub Stats as requested :

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Firmware version:v0.17.01.12312-BT

Firmware updated:Tue Jul 21 02:55:39 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,02 Hours19 Mins20 Secs

Data rate:10.644 Mbps / 27.417 Mbps

Maximum data rate:10.540 Mbps / 28.557 Mbps

Noise margin:7.2 / 4.2

Line attenuation:18.5 / 21.7

Signal attenuation:18.4 / 24.5
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I'll dig out a corded phone and check for noise 

Local service status is not showing any problems in the area last time I checked yesterday

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@IhaveAbrain,

Great, let us know how you get on when checking for noise. We may need to take this case in and take a look at your connection.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I just went down the road to pick up a handset and I noticed an Open Reach Van close by just departing from close to where the cabinet is in the street, when I got back line was just resetting (seen the router lights flashing), speed is now back to normal not sure if co-incidence or not

Plugged in the handset but did not get a dial tone then a minute or so later got one

and dialed 17070 and line quality was good/no noise

So maybe fixed under a wider / other issue

Always grateful for it working again

just frustrating when it comes to complex faults and the tests helpdesk do report everything all ok and that means they won't take any further action or escalation

Being nervous of the service from the last SFI as well doesn't help but thanks for offering to take it on if needed let's see how it goes for the rest of the day fingers crossed 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

That's great new @IhaveAbrain.

If the problem comes back let us know 🙂

Matt

0 Ratings