cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deathaxe
Expert
Message 11 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

Yup it comes in 3 flavours depending on what wireless features you want.

I have the 2750n and it has been fantastic in the first month,

So far it has stayed up for over 2 weeks in one go and then that was spoilt by me restarting it when the exchange in Birmingham went funny.

0 Ratings
holmesm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 314

I'm using a Belkin N Wireless Router F5D8236-4 because HH3 wont work with DLNA.

0 Ratings
deltaflyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 314

got one of these last week http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=371&pl1_id=24&pl2_id=89 working like a charm. wireless is good,fairly cheap ( mine cost £17.99 )easy setup & comes with options to please your inner geek Smiley Very Happy 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings
borley
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 314

I have been using TP-LINK WR841N works fine been running 3 days solid might not sound long but compared to the BT one which either slowed down or i had to reboot every day.

0 Ratings
mpmc
Beginner
Message 15 of 314

Running Gargoyle on a TP-Link WR1043ND with no issues here, very nice and stable router too!
0 Ratings
walker23
Contributor
Message 16 of 314

Billion 7402NX certainly works, used this previously with ADSL2+ but can be switched to EWAN instead of ADSL mode and has the added benefit of 3G dongle USB connection for auto-fallover.

The combined units with built-in VDSL modem would be better still IMO but are very expensive.

0 Ratings
Galexa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3. NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 works

I'm using a NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 as a replacement for the Home Hub 3.

From a factory reset state, the router's administration interface is on http://192.168.1.1 and the minimum configuration is to set the "ISP Login" using "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" for the Login/username and anything/something (not blank) for the Password. After a short period of time (maybe 10-30 seconds), the Monitoring page will show that the connection has been established.

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 18 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3. NETGEAR ProSafe SRXN3205 works

am i the only person that thinks it bang out of order that we should have to pay major £££££ to replace the sub standard equiptment they are providing ?????????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 314

Hi dissatisfied_inf,

Yes it is the draytek 2750/n/vn, the only other one as far as I am aware is the Fritz!box 7390.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 20 of 314

i have just been on the phone to BT and mentioned this thread - his exact word were ' if people are foolish enough not to use the homehubs provided , then they will of course be getting slow connections ' <<<< way to big up your own faulty gear BT lol
0 Ratings