cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 291 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

I'm very happy using my OR modem - hacked, obviously 🙂
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 292 of 314

Cool!:)

0 Ratings
Olivander
Beginner
Message 293 of 314

I've just replaced our homehub with the Netgear N900 WNDR4500 and did a bit of a write up on it at the same time, works very well.  Highly recommended.

Hope this is helpful to someone, just need to setup and try out the parental controls now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 294 of 314

Does it work with BT Vision?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Kemaleon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 295 of 314

@ray_dorset wrote:
Does it work with BT Vision?

I would also like to know the answer to this please?

0 Ratings
pintosal
Contributor
Message 296 of 314

I have used a couple of routers running dd-wrt firmware which gives great controllability. An especially useful feature of dd-wrt is that you can also set up routers as wireless repeaters.

My favourite is the Netgear WNR2000 v2, many of which are freely available on e-bay for £10-£15

As well as being ultra-reliable and fast, you can also increase the power on the wireless - useful if your house has thick walls etc.

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 297 of 314

Installed my Buffalow Airstation NFiniti Wireless -N WHR-HP-G300N at the start of this year, and its been rock solid with no issues on download/upload speeds. Easy setup on the basic setting and doing everything my HomeHub 3 did but no probs with wifi dropping.

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 298 of 314

I have put the latest DD-WRT firmware on mine working a lot better than the Buffalo version

0 Ratings
djj
Beginner
Message 299 of 314

Hi All,

I'm looking for a recommendation on modem, I've read through every page, and some of the suggestions are a little dated with newer models available now, so I thought I would ask.

I just got Infinity installed today, I have a HH5 which I will not be using due to the limitations on subnets. I got the Engineer to install a separate modem so I have the OR modem too.

I would like to keep using the OR modem, but get a router to replace the HH. If that router also has a VDSL2 modem in it, so much the better (backup), but I would like the option to use it *with* the OR modem as right now it suits my purposes (phone point is some way from where the router/switch/patchpanel is housed, and I would rather run Cat6 than RJ11+bellwire). I don't give a hoot about wireless, I have an Airport Extreme covering that duty, so not remotely interested in wireless capability of the router.

I've looked at the Draytek ones and they seem very good and well regarded. The options seem to be the 2760 and the 2860, but there's a big price difference between them, and I can't work out if they both will allow me to use it with *and* without the OpenReach modem.

Can I use the 2760 with the OR modem? Or will it work only on its own?

I'm fairly sure the 2860 will do both.

Could anyone confirm?

Thx

0 Ratings
ajt007
Beginner
Message 300 of 314

Hi guys i have read through alot of this thread and i am commpleatly confused by it all.

I have BT infinity 2 and a homehub 5,im suffering alot of dropouts and super slow speed at times i have done everything possible to configure router to optimize everything but still its rubbish and really unstable..when i speed test i get as low as 1 meg upto 60 mb and constantly dropping out is driving me mad especially using ipad air..

I want to buy a new router thats compatible with infinity 2 and reading here you need a CABLE router.??

I have seen eveyones posts but still not sure what router to buy..I just want a straight swap HH5 out new one in

can some cleaver person just make a straight list of a few meduim price routers or good cheap ones  i can use with infinity 2 please.Many thanks

PS it is pluged in the normal ADSL way not into red infinity connection on back of HH5 it dont work if connected to red infinity slot..

0 Ratings