cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crossword
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Long saga

Several months ago I ( April ) agreed to BT Plus having been told by BT that this would fix a number of problems I was seeing , as well as improve wifi speed & coverage . My Smart hub 2 arrived & was configured using ethernet to my pc & then my further problems started . The main one being fairly common loss of broadband . Diagnostics pointed to inability to detect proxy server settings , internet speed was 60 + Mb/S on both PC & laptop ( wifi ). The solution suggested was to replace the hub &/ or discs . Neither of the replacement hubs made any difference to the problems . It was suggested that I should Google the proxy server error message & act upon the 5 suggested " fixes " including software (W10 ) refresh & reload . None of these were effective . 

This took a few months because of other things ( health ) at home . I finally reverted to the Home Hub 5 , things became normal again . 

I contacted a lady at BT to formally complain , she agreed that although I had had BT Plus in excess of the time when it could be cancelled , that is what she did . The HH5 has been in use since then .

More recently 8/10/2019 I reported webpages being slow to load , particularly where images or video was present & slow printing , the printer would often timeout & then print normally without intervention  . Following diagnostics being run I was informed that there was a problem between my home & the exchange & it was expected to be resolved on Friday . It was not .

I was then told that my hub was slightly slow & a replacement was dispatched , a Smart hub 2 , now that I have configured this fine example of communication excellence my broadband is unusable , it will not permit a speed test as it loses connectivity almost straight away . By reverting to the HH5 I was able to join this forum .

An engineer visit is booked for tomorrow but I have little if any confidence that this will be resolved .

I apologise for the length of this post but it HAS been a saga .

Comments from BT engineering would be appreciated ,

Regards Andrew .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Long saga

as it says at outset this is a community forum where customers help customers and your post does not go to BT.  if engineer visit does not solve the problem then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 7

Hi @crossword,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you've been having problems with your connection. Please let us know how things go with the engineer tomorrow?

If they aren't able to repair the service, post back and I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
crossword
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I do apologise , for the possibly inappropriate post . I have looked at this forum before & seen BT personnel having an input . My previous viewings have certainly given me the impression that Smart hub 2 has given rise to problems for other users . It is fair for me to say that when S H 2 & discs were used by me previously , streaming services that I used were of high quality with almost no buffering . I take the comments on board & will report if there is a fix tomorrow .

Regards Andrew .

0 Ratings
crossword
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I have now received a sms telling me that BT is pleased that I have reported that my fault is fixed . I have not done so . The engineer visit has been cancelled because of this . BT are unable to tell me what they found to be faulty within my home nor what they did to fix it . I am currently awaiting a call to give me this information .

Regards Andrew .

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

can you post stats from hub  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

is phone line still quiet - no noise whatsoever

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 7 of 7

Hi @crossword  sorry that the engineer visit has been cancelled and the fault not fixed. We will be happy to help you with this. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings